Nestled between sea and mountains and founded in ancient times by natives seeking refuge from barbarian invaders, the towns of the Cinque Terre have been isolated from the rest of Italy for centuries. Because of this and the area's dramatic coastal scenery, the Cinque Terre have become ever more attractive to modern visitors to Italy, and are an ideal alternative for those seeking an unusual shore experience. Along with your guide, you will take the local train to the closest of the five villages, Riomaggiore. You’ll walk along the panoramic footpath (paved) that leads from the new to the old part of the village and from where have a view of the famed path, the"Via dell'Amore". You’ll visit the town itself, enter the church of St. John the Baptist, one of the most important religious edifices in Cinque Terre and enjoy the “main street” with its colorful shops and cafes. From there you’ll take the local train to Vernazza, known as the “pearl of the Cinque Terre” for it’s picturesque view from every angle. Your guide will take you through the maze of back streets and the pretty pastel-colored squares. The region is famous for its pesto sauce and a pesto-making demonstration awaits you as well as a sumptuous lunch at a selected restaurant. You’ll then experience once of the most beautiful coastlines in Italy as you take a private boat from Monterosso back to Riomaggiore. You'll admire the five villages clinging to their cliffs, the terraces for farming grapes and olives, and the grottoes that dot the bottom of the cliffs as they meet the water. An hour or so into your journey, Riomaggiore, the southernmost town of the Cinque Terre and your starting point will come into view. Your guide will then accompany you back to your driver who will take you to your cruise ship in time for your departure.
Highlights and What’s Included
- English-speaking driver and private vehicle
- English-speaking local tour guide
- English-speaking captain
- Private Tour of Riomaggiore and Vernazza
- Pesto making demonstration in Vernazza
- Private Boat Tour of the Cinque Terre Coastline
- Please specify the name and port of call of your cruise ship.
- This tour is not fully accessible to wheelchair users or those with limited mobility. Please contact us directly and we will devise alternative routes suitable for you.
- Please wear comfortable shoes, as this tour involves a lot of walking.
- Public boats operate subject to weather and sea conditions and do not operate in the autumn and winter. When boats are not operating, transfer between towns will be by train or by minivan.
- The team at Your Own Italy is absolutely flexible and will customize your excursion to suit your personal needs. Are you traveling with children? We will provide the necessary assistance to ensure that your experience is truly memorable!
- Contact Your Own Italy for customization options of your excursion
- Refer to our website for details on our Cancellation Policy
Your guide will be waiting for you with a sign with your name on it as you disembark from your ship at the Port of Livorno
Duration of Tour
This tour lasts 10 hours from pick up to drop off time. Please note that the journey time between the port of Livorno and the Cinque Terre is approximately 1 hour each way.