Is it possible to see much of Rome in a day? It is with Your Own Italy and our experienced local tour professionals! Beginning with the most important landmarks of the ancient Forum, your local guide will explain the origins of ancient Rome, the Republic, and the glory days of the Empire highlighted by a visit to the magnificent Colosseum (with Skip the Line passes, of course!) Find out about the machinery that provided the special effects that accompanied the ferocious games and learn about the role of these games in the lives of Roman citizens. After experiencing Constantine's Arch and viewing Rome from the tranquil Palatine Hill, you will visit the Pantheon. This extraordinary ancient domed temple has remained largely intact for almost two millenia.
Jumping forward to the Baroque period you'll visit the lovely Piazza Navona and walk up the famed Spanish Steps. Finally it's time for lunch at a specially selected restaurant. You will spend the afternoon at St. Peter’s Basilica, the Vatican Museums, and the Sistine Chapel. Last but not least, your driver will take you to one of Rome's famous seven hills for an aperitif and catch splendid views of the city before returning you to your cruise ship. Hopefully, this taste of Rome will wet your appetite for a longer visit another day!
Highlights and What’s Included
- English-speaking driver and private vehicle
- Expert, licensed English-speaking guide
- Skip-the-line tickets for the Colosseum
- Skip-the-line tickets for the Vatican Museums
- Lunch at selected trattoria (not included)
- Colosseum, Ancient Roman Forum, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Piazza Navona, Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Square and Basilica
- This is a private tour.
- When booking, please specify the name and port of call of your cruise ship
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or those with limited mobility. Please contact us directly and we will devise alternate routes suitable for you.
- There is a dress code for churches and basilicas. Shoulders and knees must be covered; shorts, miniskirts, and sleeveless shirts are not permitted. It is recommended that you not take large bags or backpacks on tours that include churches, as storage accomodations are not always available.
- Please wear comfortable footwear, as this tour involves a lot of walking.
The Rome in a Day shore excursion from the Civitavecchia Port departs from and returns to your cruise ship.
Duration of Tour
This tour lasts 10 hours from pick up to drop off time. Please note that the journey time between the port of Civitavecchia and Rome is approximately 1.5 hours each way.
- What happens after I've made a reservation through your website?
- Your Own Italy will send a confirmation email within 24 hours of the booking. Your credit card will not be charged until the confirmation is received.
- Where will I meet my guide?
- Your guide will be waiting for you in the designated meeting area as you exit your ship. They will be holding a sign with the name you provided at the booking.
- And if there is bad weather?
- Our tours operate rain or shine! In the case of rough waters, an alternative mode of transportation will be provided.
- Is there a dress code?
- Yes! There is a dress code for churches and basilicas. Shoulders and knees must be covered; shorts, miniskirts and sleeveless shirts are not permitted.
- Can wheelchair users go on an excursion tour?
- Not all excursions tours are fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- How far in advance should I book my excursion tour?
- Booking must be made at least 48 hours prior to the excursion tour date.
- What are YOI's payment terms?
- Payment is required upon booking but your credit card will not be charged until you receive an email confirmation from Your Own Italy.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Cancellations must be made within 24 hours of the excursion tour departure time. The cost of museum tickets are always refunded when museums are unexpectedly closed. A full refund is given if the docking of the cruise is cancelled due to weather conditions.
- How do I amend a reservation?
- Reservations can be amended by sending an email to email@example.com. Your Own Italy cannot guarantee that changes are possible once the booking has been confirmed.
- Is your site secure?
- Our Internet site uses the SSL encryption protocol to guarantee secure transactions and complete confidentiality. We use a security certificate issued by the security management company, Control Scan.
- What should I do if I need to reserve for a larger group than the size you advertise on the website?
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the type of service you require or break down your reservation into more than one. (For example, if you want to book 16 people, make two reservations of eight.)