This private tour is ideal for first-time visitors to Venice. It departs directly from your cruise ship and features a private boat tour of the Grand Canal that ends in the magnificent St. Mark’s Square. You will disembark to visit the Basilica, rich with marbles and mosaics; the Doge’s palace, a fourteenth century edifice from whence the rulers of the Venetian republic exerted control over the surrounding area; and the Bridge of Sighs, an enclosed bridge connecting the New Prison to the interrogation rooms in the Doge's Palace, and so named because the view from it was the last view of Venice seen by convicts before their imprisonment. Your tour continues with a private boat ride to the nearby island of Burano, with charming, colorful buildings that line its canals. You will have lunch, time to stroll through the piazza, and the opportunity to shop for the locally-made embroidered treasures. Alternatively, your captain and guide will take you to the island of Murano, famous for its glass, where you will visit a glass-making workshop and the Murano glass museum. Your captain will accompany you directly to your cruise ship with plenty of time before your departure.
Highlights and What’s Included
- English-speaking captain and private boat
- English-speaking local tour guide
- Skip-the-line tickets included
- Private Boat Tour of Grand Canal
- Private Tour of St. Mark’s Square, St. Mark’s Basilica, the Doge’s Palace and the Bridge of Sighs.
- Private Tour of the island of Burano for lunch and visit to a lace-making factory
- Alternatively, a Private Tour of the island of Murano for lunch (not included) and a visit to a glass-making workshop
- Please specify the name and port of call of your cruise ship.
- St Mark's Basilica is periodically closed due to weather or religious ceremonies. If the Basilica is open during high water, the tour will take place but may be adapted to the weather conditions, and skip-the-line tickets will not be accepted, as only one access door is available at those times.
- Skip-the-line entrance to St Mark's Basilica is available only from April to October.
- There is a dress code for churches and basilicas. Shoulders and knees must be covered; shorts, miniskirts and sleeveless shirts are not permitted. It is recommended that you not take large bags or backpacks on tours that include churches as storage accommodations are not always available.
- This tour is not fully accessible to wheelchair users or those with limited mobility. Please contact us directly and we will devise alternative routes suitable for you.
- Please wear comfortable shoes, as this tour involves a lot of walking.
- Your guide will be waiting for you with a sign with your name on it as you disembark from your ship at the Port of Venice
- What happens after I've made a reservation through your website?
- Your Own Italy will send a confirmation email within 24 hours of the booking. Your credit card will not be charged until the confirmation is received.
- Where will I meet my guide?
- Your guide will be waiting for you in the designated meeting area as you exit your ship. They will be holding a sign with the name you provided at the booking.
- And if there is bad weather?
- Our tours operate rain or shine! In the case of rough waters, an alternative mode of transportation will be provided.
- Is there a dress code?
- Yes! There is a dress code for churches and basilicas. Shoulders and knees must be covered; shorts, miniskirts and sleeveless shirts are not permitted.
- Can wheelchair users go on an excursion tour?
- Not all excursions tours are fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- How far in advance should I book my excursion tour?
- Booking must be made at least 48 hours prior to the excursion tour date.
- What are YOI's payment terms?
- Payment is required upon booking but your credit card will not be charged until you receive an email confirmation from Your Own Italy.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Cancellations must be made within 24 hours of the excursion tour departure time. The cost of museum tickets are always refunded when museums are unexpectedly closed. A full refund is given if the docking of the cruise is cancelled due to weather conditions.
- How do I amend a reservation?
- Reservations can be amended by sending an email to email@example.com. Your Own Italy cannot guarantee that changes are possible once the booking has been confirmed.
- Is your site secure?
- Our Internet site uses the SSL encryption protocol to guarantee secure transactions and complete confidentiality. We use a security certificate issued by the security management company, Control Scan.
- What should I do if I need to reserve for a larger group than the size you advertise on the website?
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the type of service you require or break down your reservation into more than one. (For example, if you want to book 16 people, make two reservations of eight.)