Positano - Amalfi - Ravello
Discover the gems of Positano, Amalfi and Ravello. Set sail on a romantic tour of Capri on your private boat with a bottle of prosecco. Scout the ancient city of Pompeii and view the entire region from the pinnacle of Mt. Vesuvius. Wind through the heights and depths of the Amalfi Coast. This is your Italian vacation of a lifetime.
- Private driver and English-speaking tour guide throughout your vacation
- First and last night accommodation in a selected hotel/apartment in Rome
- Dolce Vita Evening Tour evening of arrival
- 5 nights in your choice of hotel in Sorrento with daily buffet breakfast
- Tour of Pompeii with a private tour guide
- Full day excursion in private car to Positano, Amalfi and Ravello
- Selection of day-long excursion or walking tour for your "Design Your Own Italy" day
- Culinary experience at Villa il Pizzo
- Full day excursion in private boat to Capri and Anacapri
Welcome to Rome! Dolce Vita Tour
Your driver will be waiting for you at Rome’s Leonardo Da Vinci Airport and will escort you by private car to your boutique hotel in Rome. After relaxing you will be picked up by your private tour guide who will accompany you on the “Dolce Vita" Tour. You'll uncover the secrets locked in Bernini's work, marvel at the Pantheon, the best preserved ancient Roman monument, toss a coin in the Trevi Fountain to ensure your return to the Eternal City and simply enjoy Rome's charming streets in a leisurely Italian fashion. By the end of the tour, you will realize that your guide has not only shown you around Rome, but has taught you how to get around Rome almost like a native.
Explore ancient Pompeii and settle into Sorrento
Your private driver will pick you up at your hotel - destination Pompeii. With its intact streets and buildings, many two stories tall, Pompeii is a trip back through time and into the world of people who were not all that different from today's. Whether enjoying an affluent citizen's life in spacious, frescoed houses centered around airy courtyard, or struggling along as a working stiff, eating on the go at a “fast food” restaurant and bathing in public baths, Pompeii's inhabitants lived their lives in the shadow of Mt. Vesuvius, which will be your next stop. After lunch on the volcano, your guide will take you on a 20-minute walk to the rim of the crater and its amazing views of the Bay of Naples. Afterwards, you will be driven you to your hotel in nearby Sorrento, where you will dine at a local restaurant, homemade limoncello hardly optional.
Let the coast awaken your spirit
Your experienced driver will handle the twists and turns of the winding roads of the Amalfi Peninsula while you sit back and enjoy the breathtaking views. In the tiny jewel of Positano, a small town that clings to a mountain rising from the sea, you will have the opportunity to take in the local style - white linen dresses, artisan sandals, jewelry - in charming courtyard markets, and the local refreshments - including true Italian lemon ice, or "granite al limone" made of fresh local lemons - at bars with terraces overlooking the sea. The colors are so bright and pure that you might have to pinch yourself to remember that this is real reality and not the virtual kind. From Positano you will be taken to Ravello, at the top of Mount Cerreto, where you will lunch at the most spectacular panoramic terrace you have ever seen, then stroll in the lovely gardens of Villa Ruffolo, home of the world-famous summer music festival. Wrap up the day in Amalfi, where you will visit the 11th century cathedral of Saint Andrew, the patron saint of the town.
Design Your Own Italy Day
Contact us for customizing options on this "Design Your Own Italy" day OR just relax and enjoy shopping.
Sorrento Cooking Class – Stunning Location…Divine Cuisine
Sorrento Cooking Art is a new Italian cooking school located in the stunning Villa il Pizzo, which sits in the largest privately-owned lemon grove in Italy, the 14 hectares of which stretch to the cliffs of Piano di Sorrento, facing majestic Mount Vesuvius across the Bay of Naples. The Villa once belonged to the famous archaeologist Paola Zancani, who would use the grounds to entertain noted guests such as Andre Gide. Today's owners are the Duke and Duchess Paolo Roberto and Irene Imperiali. And if you're still not impressed, we will add that Villa il Pizzo was recently the setting for the film "Love Is All You Need" starring Pierce Brosnan. With a setting like this for a cooking class, how can you go wrong?
Dive into the waters off Capri
Last, but not least, you will spend an unforgettable day on a private boat to the island of Capri and the pristine blue waters of the grottos that encircle it. Your captain knows where there are nearly private coves where you can take a swim and your guide will be prepared for impromptu toasts of prosecco. Docking on the island, dry off and meet your private taxi driver, who will transport you up the steep narrow road, lined with whitewashed villas and flowers, to Anacapri. At the top of the mountain you will visit the famous Capri sandal makers and enjoy breathtaking views from the Villa San Michele, perched on the furthest edge of a cliff overlooking the bay. A sumptuous seafood lunch awaits you upon your return to the dock at a restaurant where the fresh catch of the day is all that is offered. Your captain awaits to take you back to Sorrento.
Return to Rome…Departure and Dreams
After a relaxing breakfast, your driver will pick you up and accompany you to the train station in Naples for your high-speed train to Rome. You will be picked up at Rome's station by a who will and accompany you to your hotel in the historic center.
Your driver will pick you up with plenty of time to make your flight. Rome salutes you with a warm and heartfelt “Arrivederci!" See you again! Now that you’ve traveled with Your Own Italy, you have friends here in Rome.
- The tour of Pompeii is not fully accessible to wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to design alternative routes suitable for you.
- Please wear comfortable footwear as this tour involves a lot of walking.
- There is a dress code for churches and basilicas. Shoulders and knees must be covered; shorts, miniskirts and sleeveless shirts are not permitted. It is recommended that you not take large bags or backpacks on tours that include churches as storage accomodations are not always available.
- When should we start planning our trip?
- Ideally, we ask for at least 3 months' advance notice, especially in the high season (May to September). Arrangements can be made on shorter notice, but you run the risk of missing out on the availability of our favorite hotels and guides. We want the best for our clients, and the more time we have, the more we can guarantee just that.
- What are YOI's payment terms?
- For our customized vacations, we require a 20% deposit upon approval of the itinerary we have presented to you. The balance is due 30 days prior to your arrival date.
- What happens after I've made a reservation through your website?
- Upon submitting your reservation through our website, you will be provided with a voucher with a reservation number that will be used for payment by credit card on the online portal of Blue Pay, our credit card processor.
- Should I purchase travel insurance?
- We strongly encourage you to buy travel insurance at the time of booking, in the event you must cancel and forfeit funds or in the unfortunate case of injury or loss. We also recommend checking with your credit card company, which may offer travel coverage.
- What kind of information will we receive before our trip?
- Approximately one month prior to your departure date, you will receive a Your Own Italy travel packet consisting of a detailed day-to-day itinerary, our list of recommended restaurants, a “Helpful Hints Guide” for Italy, and your specific destinations, plus detailed information and contacts for your accommodations, tours, excursions, and transportation.
- Can you give me a cost breakdown of my customized vacation and what is included?
- The vacations we create are bundled packages and therefore we do not provide a cost breakdown. Our local suppliers often give us a bundled price for the services provided and so we do the same for our clients. We arrange for all your accommodations, transportation, local tour guides, restaurant reservations, and any other fun activities and experiences from the moment you arrive until the day of your departure.