Enjoy private tours of Florence and its museums. The Uffizi's unparalleled collection..Michelangelo's David at the Accademia. Indulge in wine tasting and cooking classes in the true Tuscan tradition in Chianti. All customized with private car, tour guide and custom options, of course ! Welcome to the transformational art and cuisine of Tuscany.
Highlights and What’s Included
- Private Driver and English-speaking Tour Guide throughout your vacation
- First and Last night accommodation in your choice of hotel or apartment in historic center of Rome
- Dolce Vita Tour upon arrival
- 3 nights' accommodation in a selected hotel of Florence with daily Buffet breakfast
- Introduction to Florence Walking Tour including the Cathedral and the Accademia Gallery
- Tour of the Baptistry, Duomo Gallery and climb up the Bell Tower or Cathedral Dome
- Private tour of the Piazza della Signoria and famed Uffizi Gallery
- Spectacular Sunset View of Florence and the Duomo with drinks on the panoramic terrace of the Forte Belvedere
- Selection of a day-long excursion or walking tour for your "Design Your Own Italy" day
- Tour of the Chianti Region with visits to a local wine producer
- 2 nights' accommodation at an Agriturismo including a Cooking Class.
- Tour of San Gimignano and Siena with private driver and guide.
Welcome to Rome! Dolce Vita Tour
Your driver, waiting for you at Rome’s Leonardo Da Vinci Airport, will escort you by private car to your boutique hotel in Rome. After relaxing you will be picked up by your private tour guide who will accompany you on your “Dolce Vita" Tour. You'll uncover the secrets locked in Bernini's work, marvel at the Pantheon, the best preserved ancient Roman monument, toss a coin in the Trevi Fountain to ensure your return to the Eternal City and simply enjoy Rome's charming streets in a leisurely Italian fashion. By the end of the tour, you will realize that your guide has not only shown you around Rome, but has taught you how to get around Rome making you feel almost like a native.
Tour of the Cathedral Santa Maria del Fiore and Accademia Gallery
Your Driver will pick you up at your hotel in Rome and accompany you to take the high-speed train to Florence. You will be met by a greeter at the train station who will accompany you to your hotel for check in. After relaxing your private tour guide will take you on an afternoon tour of the historic center that will include the Gothic Cathedral deidicated to Santa Maria del Fiore and the Accademia Gallery Museum to see the famed David.
Florence: Tour of the Museum of the Duomo, the Baptistry, Piazza della Signoria and Uffizi Gallery
Your private tour guide will take you on a walking tour of the Piazza della Signoria and its many sculptures including the David (the original is in the Galleria dell'Accademia) by Michelangelo which was placed outside the Palazzo Vecchio as a symbol of the Republic's defiance of the tyrannical Medici family. The graceful Loggia dei Lanzi houses the famed sculptures of Perseo holding Medusa's head, by Cellini (1554) and Giambologna's Rape of the Sabines. The day culminates with a private tour of the world-famous Uffizi Gallery. Enjoy the masterpieces of the Renaissance masters Giotto, Michelangelo and Botticelli followed by a glass of prosecco on the terrace overlooking the Piazza della Signoria.
Design Your Own Italy Day
Contact us for customizing options on this "Design Your Own Italy" day OR just relax and enjoy shopping!
Visit Medieval S. Gimignano and your Tuscan Villa Experience
Your Driver will pick you up at your hotel and transfer you to your Tuscan Villa experience in Chianti. On the way, you will visit the medieval gem of San Gimignano. Admire the towers, visit its museum and browse the shops for the local saffron. Your driver will then take you to Greve in Chianti, a nearby town famous for its Tuscan butcher shops for a local lunch. You will then be accompanied to a wine producing villa with vineyards and gardens for a two-day stay which beings with a tour of the grounds and wine tasting of last year’s vintage during memorable evening “cena” in the villa.
Chianti: Cooking class at Villa Macchiavelli
After a delicious breakfast, you will experience a lovely walk in gardens of the Villa. Pick fresh vegetables and herbs in preparation for your cooking class in the villa’s spacious kitchen. Enjoy the hands-on lesson with one of the qualified Italian chefs who will teach you all the tricks and techniques of authentic Tuscan cuisine culminating in a delicious meal which you helped prepare!
Visit Siena/Transfer to Rome
After a relaxing breakfast, your driver will pick you up at the Villa and take you to Siena with its charming backstreets and famous Piazza del Campo designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Tuscany’s hidden gem boasts the impressive 13th century Siena Cathedral, a splendid example of Italian Romanesque-Gothic architecture. After lunch at a selected restaurant, your driver will take you back to your hotel in the historic center.
Your driver will pick you up with plenty of time to make your flight. Rome salutes you with a warm and heart-felt Arrivederci! See you again. Now that you’ve travelled with Your Own Italy, you know you have friends here.
- There is a dress code for churche and basilicas. Shoulders and knees must be covered; shorts, miniskirts and sleeveless shirts are not permitted.
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- Please wear comfortable footwear as this tour involves a lot of walking.
The "Your Own Italy" team is absolutely flexible and will customize your vacation to suite your personal tastes and needs. Are you traveling with children? Are you disabled? We will provide all the assistance necessary to adjust our packages to ensure that your vacation is truly memorable!
- When should we start planning our trip?
- Ideally, we ask for at least 3 months' advance notice, especially in the high season (May to September). Arrangements can be made on shorter notice, but you run the risk of missing out on the availability of our favorite hotels and guides. We want the best for our clients, and the more time we have, the more we can guarantee just that.
- What are YOI's payment terms?
- For our customized vacations, we require a 20% deposit upon approval of the itinerary we have presented to you. The balance is due 30 days prior to your arrival date.
- What happens after I've made a reservation through your website?
- Upon submitting your reservation through our website, you will be provided with a voucher with a reservation number that will be used for payment by credit card on the online portal of Blue Pay, our credit card processor.
- Should I purchase travel insurance?
- We strongly encourage you to buy travel insurance at the time of booking, in the event you must cancel and forfeit funds or in the unfortunate case of injury or loss. We also recommend checking with your credit card company, which may offer travel coverage.
- What kind of information will we receive before our trip?
- Approximately one month prior to your departure date, you will receive a Your Own Italy travel packet consisting of a detailed day-to-day itinerary, our list of recommended restaurants, a “Helpful Hints Guide” for Italy, and your specific destinations, plus detailed information and contacts for your accommodations, tours, excursions, and transportation.
- Can you give me a cost breakdown of my customized vacation and what is included?
- The vacations we create are bundled packages and therefore we do not provide a cost breakdown. Our local suppliers often give us a bundled price for the services provided and so we do the same for our clients. We arrange for all your accommodations, transportation, local tour guides, restaurant reservations, and any other fun activities and experiences from the moment you arrive until the day of your departure.
Your own Italy boasts a flexible cancellation policy. Full refunds are made whenever possible and the cost of museum tickets are always refunded when such structures are unexpectedly closed. See the details of our Cancellation Policy here.