Private tours of Florence and its museums, including the Uffizi's unparalleled collection and Michelangelo's David at the Accademia. Wine tasting and cooking classes in the true Tuscan tradition in Chianti. All customized with private car, tour guide and custom options, of course! Welcome to Tuscany.
- Private driver and English-speaking tour guide throughout your vacation
- First and last night accommodations in your choice of apartment in historic center of Rome
- Dolce Vita Tour upon arrival
- 3 nights' accommodation in a selected hotel in Florence
- Introduction to Florence Walking Tour including the Cathedral and the Accademia Gallery
- Tour of the Baptistry and Duomo Gallery plus a climb up the Bell Tower or Cathedral Dome
- Private tour of the Piazza della Signoria and Uffizi Gallery
- Spectacular sunset view of Florence and the Duomo with drinks on the panoramic terrace of the Forte Belvedere
- Selection of day excursion or walking tour for your "Design Your Own Italy" day
- Tour of the Chianti Region with visits to a local wine producer
- 2 nights' accommodation at an agriturismo, including a cooking class.
- Tour of San Gimignano and Siena with private driver and local guide.
Welcome to Rome! Dolce Vita Tour
Your driver will be waiting for you at Rome’s Leonardo Da Vinci Airport and will escort you by private car to your boutique hotel in Rome. After relaxing, you will be picked up by your private tour guide who will accompany you on your “Dolce Vita" Tour. You'll uncover the secrets locked in Bernini's work, marvel at the Pantheon, Rome's best-preserved ancient monument, toss a coin in the Trevi Fountain to ensure your return to the Eternal City, and simply enjoy Rome's charming streets in a leisurely Italian fashion. By the end of the tour, you will realize that your guide has not only shown you around Rome, but has taught you how to get around Rome almost like a native.
Tour of the Cathedral Santa Maria del Fiore and Accademia Gallery
Your driver will pick you up at your hotel in Rome and accompany you to the high-speed train to Florence. You will be met at the train station in Florence by a greeter who will accompany you to your hotel for check in. After you relax, your private tour guide will take you on an afternoon tour of the historic center that will include the gothic cathedral dedicated to Santa Maria del Fiore and the Accademia Gallery to see Michelangelo's incomparable David.
Florence: Tour of the Museum of the Duomo, the Baptistry, Piazza della Signoria, and Uffizi Gallery
Your private tour guide will take you on a walking tour of the Piazza della Signoria and its many sculptures. The graceful Loggia dei Lanzi houses the famous sculptures of Perseus Holding Medusa's Head, by Cellini (1554), and the Rape of the Sabine Women, by Giambologna. The day culminates with a private tour of the magnificent Uffizi Gallery, where every piece of art is a Renaissance masterpiece, followed by a glass of prosecco on the terrace overlooking the Piazza della Signoria.
Design Your Own Italy Day
Contact us for customizing options on this "Design Your Own Italy" day OR just relax and enjoy shopping!
Visit medieval S. Gimignano and a Tuscan villa
Your driver will pick you up at your hotel and drive you to Chianti. On the way, you will visit the medieval gem of San Gimignano, noteworthy for its thousand-year-old towers, museum, and local gourmet delicacy, saffron. From there your destination will be lunch in Greve, famous for its Tuscan butcher shops. Your day will end at a wine-producing villa for a two-day stay, with a tour of the grounds and vineyards and a wine tasting of last year’s vintage during the evening “cena,” or dinner.
Chianti: Cooking class at Villa Macchiavelli
After a delicious breakfast and a walk in the gardens of the Villa where you will pick fresh vegetables and herbs for your cooking class, you will enjoy a hands-on lesson with an Italian chef who will teach you the tricks and techniques of authentic Tuscan cuisine. The day ends, of course, with a delicious meal that you helped prepare.
Visit Siena/Transfer to Rome
Your driver will pick you up at the Villa after your leisurely breakfast and take you to Siena, with its charming small streets and famous Piazza del Campo, designated a UNESCO World Heritage site. The impressive 13th century cathedral is a splendid example of Italian Romanesque-Gothic architecture. After lunch at a selected restaurant, your driver will take you back to your hotel in Rome's historic center.
Your driver will pick you up with plenty of time to make your flight. Rome salutes you with a warm and heartfelt "Arrivederci!" See you again! Now that you’ve travelled with Your Own Italy, you have friends in Rome.
- There is a dress code for churches and basilicas. Shoulders and knees must be covered; shorts, miniskirts and sleeveless shirts are not permitted.
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to devise alternative routes suitable for you.
- Please wear comfortable footwear as this tour involves a lot of walking.
- When should we start planning our trip?
- Ideally, we ask for at least 3 months' advance notice, especially in the high season (May to September). Arrangements can be made on shorter notice, but you run the risk of missing out on the availability of our favorite hotels and guides. We want the best for our clients, and the more time we have, the more we can guarantee just that.
- What are YOI's payment terms?
- For our customized vacations, we require a 20% deposit upon approval of the itinerary we have presented to you. The balance is due 30 days prior to your arrival date.
- What happens after I've made a reservation through your website?
- Upon submitting your reservation through our website, you will be provided with a voucher with a reservation number that will be used for payment by credit card on the online portal of Blue Pay, our credit card processor.
- Should I purchase travel insurance?
- We strongly encourage you to buy travel insurance at the time of booking, in the event you must cancel and forfeit funds or in the unfortunate case of injury or loss. We also recommend checking with your credit card company, which may offer travel coverage.
- What kind of information will we receive before our trip?
- Approximately one month prior to your departure date, you will receive a Your Own Italy travel packet consisting of a detailed day-to-day itinerary, our list of recommended restaurants, a “Helpful Hints Guide” for Italy, and your specific destinations, plus detailed information and contacts for your accommodations, tours, excursions, and transportation.
- Can you give me a cost breakdown of my customized vacation and what is included?
- The vacations we create are bundled packages and therefore we do not provide a cost breakdown. Our local suppliers often give us a bundled price for the services provided and so we do the same for our clients. We arrange for all your accommodations, transportation, local tour guides, restaurant reservations, and any other fun activities and experiences from the moment you arrive until the day of your departure.
Your Own Italy boasts a flexible cancellation policy. Full refunds are made whenever possible and the cost of museum tickets is always refunded when museums are unexpectedly closed. See the details of our Cancellation Policy here.