This private tour is your chance to indulge yourself for 8 days/7 nights in one of the world’s most unique cities – and one of Italy’s most romantic. Meet the wonders of Venice in a walking tour… enjoy the romance of a private gondola ride-…explore the Grand Canal…visit the islands of Murano and Burano and more…all with Your Own Italy extras that make vacations unforgettable.
Highlights and What’s Included
- Private driver and English-speaking Tour Guide throughout your vacation
- First and last night accommodation in a selected hotel/apartment in Rome
- Dolce Vita Tour evening of arrival
- 5 nights’ accommodation in a selected boutique hotel of Venice
- Introduction to Venice walking tour
- Tour of Piazza San Marco, the Marciana Library, the Clock Tower and the Doge's Palace
- Private transfer by boat and tour of the islands of Murano and Burano
- Visit to the Peggy Guggenheim Museum and afternoon private Goldola ride through the hidden canals of Venice
- Selection of day-long excursion or walking tour for your "Design Your Own Italy" day
- Mask making class at the world-famous Ca' Macana workshop
Welcome to Rome! Dolce Vita Tour
Your driver, waiting for you at Rome’s Leonardo Da Vinci Airport, will escort you by private car to your boutique hotel in Rome. After relaxing you will be picked up by your private tour guide who will accompany you on your “Dolce Vita" Tour. You'll uncover the secrets locked in Bernini's work, marvel at the Pantheon, the best preserved ancient Roman monument, toss a coin in the Trevi Fountain to ensure your return to the Eternal City and simply enjoy Rome's charming streets in a leisurely Italian fashion. By the end of the tour, you will realize that your guide has not only shown you around Rome, but has taught you how to get around Rome making you feel almost like a native.
First Class Train/Introduction to Hidden Venice
Your driver will pick you up and accompany you to the Stazione Termini train station to take the high-speed “freccia rossa” train to Venice. Upon arrival your tour guide will meet and lead you to your private taxi-boat. You will never forget the splendid entrance on the Grand Canal into one of the most unique cities in the world. After relaxing in your hotel room you will be taken on a walking tour of the labyrinth also known as “hidden Venice” to enjoy the shops, cafés and colorful gondolas. Your introduction to Venice will culminate with dinner at a selected trattoria followed by a stroll of the waterways in the evening sunset.
Walking Tour of Venice’s Unique Sites
After a leisurely breakfast, your private tour guide will introduce you to the main attractions of one of the most unique cities in the world. You will have a first-hand presentation of the Piazza San Marco (famous for its yearly flooding in the winter); you will climb to the top of its bell tower for the magnificent views of the city and visit the Marciana Library and the Clock Tower. After lunch at a selected restaurant your guide will accompany you to the famed Ca’Macana, one of the oldest and finest mask making workshops in Venice for a two hour mask mask-making class.
Indulge in a Private Gondola Tour
Your guide will meet you at your hotel and take you to the colorful Rialto Market, a continuous passage of people, boats adn carriages of fruits, vegetables and fish make it the most alive part of the city. After lunch, your tour will continue at the celebrated Peggy Guggenheim Museum, one of the most important museums in Italy for European and American art of the 20th century. In the afternoon, your private gondolier will pick you up at the dock of your hotel adn take you on an enchanting glide through the canals of Venice. Are you a lyricist? A tenor will join your gondola ride and sing opera as you sip on a glass of wine. This enchanting day ends with dinner at a selected restaurant of your choice.
Design Your Own Italy Day
Contact us for customizing options on this "Design Your Own Italy" day OR just relax and enjoy shopping”
Explore Murano and Burano
You will be picked up at the dock of your hotel by a private boat and speed along the Venetian Lagoon to two islands famous for their handicrafts and architecture: Murano and Burano.
Known for its glassware shops and factories, Murano boasts a long and still-thriving tradition dating back to 1291, when glass artisans moved their kilns from the old city center. Explore the island on foot and stop at a glass factory to watch a skilled glassblower create works of art. View the magnificent splendor of Murano’s palaces and Veneto-Byzantine style churches, some with mosaics and ornamental motifs designed in the 12th century, and catch a glimpse of San Michele – Venice’s 19th-century cemetery – across the water. Before re-boarding the boat, you’ll have time to visit a museum showcasing the world-famous Murano glass.
Afterward, journey to the island of Burano and admire the picturesque fishermen’s houses painted in bright pastel colors. In this miniature Venice, you’ll find the famous lace – abundant since the 16th century and once considered the most refined in Europe. Browse local shops and find lace on display at a museum dedicated to the craft of lace. You will enjoy lunch in a restaurant on the canal with the colorful backdrop of the fuscia pink, deep blue and vibrant yellow houses that characterize this lovely island town.
Rome and farewell dinner
Your guide will meet you at your hotel and accompany you by private boat to the train station to take a high-speed 1st class train back to Rome. Your driver will pick you up at Rome's train station and accompany you to your hotel in the historic center.
Your driver will pick you up with plenty of time to make your flight. Rome salutes you with a warm and heart-felt “Arrivederci! See you again! Now that you’ve travelled with Your Own Italy, you have friends here.
- At times St Mark’s basilica is closed due to high water or religious ceremonies. During high water the tour will take place, but it might happen we have to partly adapt the tour to the weather conditions. On those occasions when St Mark’s Basilica is open with high water, skip the line tickets will not be accepted as all visitors have only 1 door open to get in the church.
- Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance to St Mark's Basilica are available only from April to October (St Mark’s Basilica does not offer a fast entry service to anyone in other periods, considered off peak season) .
- There is a dress code for churches and basilicas. Shoulders and knees must be covered; shorts, miniskirts and sleeveless shirts are not permitted. It is recommended that you not take large bags or backpacks on tours that include churches as storage accomodations are not always available.
- This tour is of a historical area and is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- Please wear comfortable footwear as this tour involves a lot of walking.
The "Your Own Italy" team is absolutely flexible and will customize your vacation to suite your personal tastes and needs. Are you traveling with children? Are you disabled? We will provide all the assistance necessary to adjust our packages to ensure that your vacation is truly memorable!
- When should we start planning our trip?
- Ideally, we ask for at least 3 months' advance notice, especially in the high season (May to September). Arrangements can be made on shorter notice, but you run the risk of missing out on the availability of our favorite hotels and guides. We want the best for our clients, and the more time we have, the more we can guarantee just that.
- What are YOI's payment terms?
- For our customized vacations, we require a 20% deposit upon approval of the itinerary we have presented to you. The balance is due 30 days prior to your arrival date.
- What happens after I've made a reservation through your website?
- Upon submitting your reservation through our website, you will be provided with a voucher with a reservation number that will be used for payment by credit card on the online portal of Blue Pay, our credit card processor.
- Should I purchase travel insurance?
- We strongly encourage you to buy travel insurance at the time of booking, in the event you must cancel and forfeit funds or in the unfortunate case of injury or loss. We also recommend checking with your credit card company, which may offer travel coverage.
- What kind of information will we receive before our trip?
- Approximately one month prior to your departure date, you will receive a Your Own Italy travel packet consisting of a detailed day-to-day itinerary, our list of recommended restaurants, a “Helpful Hints Guide” for Italy, and your specific destinations, plus detailed information and contacts for your accommodations, tours, excursions, and transportation.
- Can you give me a cost breakdown of my customized vacation and what is included?
- The vacations we create are bundled packages and therefore we do not provide a cost breakdown. Our local suppliers often give us a bundled price for the services provided and so we do the same for our clients. We arrange for all your accommodations, transportation, local tour guides, restaurant reservations, and any other fun activities and experiences from the moment you arrive until the day of your departure.