The collections in these museums is among Venice's greatest and range from Byzantine and Gothic paintings through Renaissance masters to the art of the 21st century. The marble facade of the Ca’ Rezzonico Museum faces the Grand Canal. Today this opulent Baroque palazzo houses a museum and historic palace dedicated to 18th century Venice. Highlights include paintings by famous 18th century Venetian painters such as Pietro Longhi, Canaletto, and Francesco Guardi; a collection of Murano glass; and furnishings from an antique Venetian pharmacy, complete with majolica ceramic jars filled with 18th century remedies. The tour will proceed by boat to the Accademia Galleries, which house an outstanding collection of Venetian paintings of the 14th to 18th centuries. Among them are masterpieces by Bellini, Giorgione, Carpaccio, Tiziano, Tintoretto, Veronese, and Tiepolo. A lovely walk will bring us to the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, one of the most important museums in Italy for European and American art of the 20th century. Located in Peggy Guggenheim's former home, Palazzo Venier dei Leoni is on the Grand Canal. The museum houses works from Ms. Guggenheim's personal collection as well as masterpieces of the Schulhof Collection, the Nasher Sculpture Garden, and temporary exhibitions.
- This is a private tour, for your group only
- Expert, licensed English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees to all museums
- Please wear comfortable shoes as this tour requires a fair amount of walking.
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or those with limited mobility. However, please contact us directly and we will substitute routes suitable for you.
- Is there a dress code I should know about?
- There is a dress code for churches and basilicas. Shoulders and knees must be covered; shorts, miniskirts, and sleeveless shirts are not permitted. It is recommended that you not take large bags or backpacks on tours that include churches as storage accommodations are not usually available.
- What if there is bad weather?
- Our tours operate rain or shine!
- Is tipping customary in Italy?
- Tipping is not as customary in Italy as in the United States and is not always expected. However, it is always a kind gesture and proper etiquette to leave "a little something extra," depending on the level of service you receive.
- What happens after I've requested a booking through your website?
- Your Own Italy will send a confirmation email within 24 hours of your booking. You will then be invited to make your payment using a link that will be provided.
- Can wheelchair users go on this walking tour?
- Not all walking tours are fully accessible for wheelchair users or those with walking disabilities. However, if anyone in your group requires special accommodation, please let us know when completing the booking and we will work out suitable alternative routes.
- Can tours be modified?
- If you would prefer to customize your tour to eliminate some sites, please feel free to contact us to discuss options.
- How far in advance should I book my walking tour?
- Tours should be booked 48 hours in advance. While we cannot guarantee availability if booking occurs in less than 48 hours, we will do our best to accommodate your request.
- What are Your Own Italy’s payment terms?
- Full payment is due when the tour confirmation email is sent, within 24 hours of your booking. You will be provided with a link to our payment page. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Tours must be canceled by email 24 hours prior to the start of the tour. If cancellation is made in less than this time, Your Own Italy cannot guarantee a full refund.
- How do I amend a reservation?
- Any changes to existing reservations must be requested by email. All efforts will be made to accommodate changes, but they cannot be guaranteed.
- Is your site secure?
- Our internet site uses the SSL encryption protocol to guarantee secure transactions and complete confidentiality. We use a security certificate issued by the Security Management Company, Control Scan.
- What should I do if I have a larger group than the size suggested on the website?
- Your Own Italy is delighted to accommodate large groups. Please specify the number in your party when booking, and every effort will be made to organize a tour within the time limits provided.