Your guide will meet you between the square columns in Piazza San Marco to begin your tour at St. Mark’s Basilica. Begun about 1,000 years ago, the basilica has a strong Byzantine flavor due to Venice’s trade with the east. From there you will visit the Doge’s Palace, the residence and office of the head of state (a position neither hereditary nor elective), which today houses artistic, architectural, and historical treasures from Venice’s glorious past, and, finally, you will cross the Bridge of Sighs.
- Expert, licensed English-speaking guide
- Private tour of St. Mark’s Square and Basilica, the Doge’s Palace and the Bridge of Sighs.
- Skip-the-line tickets
- This is a private tour - your party only
- This tour is not available on Sundays
- Modest attire is required in churches and basilicas; knees and shoulders must be covered.
- Large bags and umbrellas are not allowed in the museum; retrieving checked items could affect your ability to cover the entire suggested itinerary.
- Please wear comfortable shoes as this tour requires a fair amount of walking.
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- Is there a dress code I should know about?
- There is a dress code for churches and basilicas. Shoulders and knees must be covered; shorts, miniskirts, and sleeveless shirts are not permitted. It is also recommended that you not take large bags or backpacks on tours that include churches as you may not be permitted to enter and storage accommodations are not usually available.
- What if there is bad weather?
- Our tours operate rain or shine!
- Is tipping customary in Italy?
- Tipping is indeed customary in Italy ! It is considered a kind gesture and proper etiquette to leave "a little something extra" depending on the level of service you receive. For a private guide it is suggested to leave 15 – 25 euros for a typical 3-hour tour.
- What happens after I've requested a booking through your website?
- Your Own Italy will send a confirmation email within 24 hours of your booking. You will then be invited to make your payment using a link that will be provided.
- Can wheelchair users go on this walking tour?
- Not all walking tours are fully accessible for wheelchair users or those with walking disabilities. However, if anyone in your group requires special accommodation, please let us know when completing the booking and we will work out suitable alternative routes.
- Can tours be modified?
- Yes, we will do our best to adjust any tour to accommodate special requests.
- How far in advance should I book my walking tour?
- Tours should be booked 48 hours in advance. While we cannot guarantee availability if booking occurs in less than 48 hours, we will do our best to accommodate your request.
- What are Your Own Italy’s payment terms?
- Full payment is due when the tour confirmation email is sent, within 24 hours of your booking. You will be provided with a link to our payment page. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Tours must be canceled by email 24 hours prior to the start of the tour. If cancellation is made in less than this time, Your Own Italy cannot guarantee a full refund.
- How do I amend a reservation?
- Any changes to existing reservations must be requested by email. All efforts will be made to accommodate changes, but they cannot be guaranteed.
- Is your site secure?
- Our internet site uses the SSL encryption protocol to guarantee secure transactions and complete confidentiality. We use a security certificate issued by the Security Management Company, Control Scan.
- What should I do if I have a larger group than the size suggested on the website?
- Your Own Italy is delighted to accommodate large groups. Please specify the number in your party when booking, and every effort will be made to organize a tour within the time limits provided.