Pisa Italy Tours. There is only one Tower, and it's in Pisa, your first stop on this tour of two small Tuscan treasures! Once in Pisa, however, you will realize that the Tower, a UNESCO World Heritage site, is only one of the marvels of the the city. Its baptistery and duomo, which share the Piazza dei Miracoli with the legendary leaning tower, are late medieval precursors of the Italian Renaissance. Their flamboyant use of marble and mosaics, naturalistic interior sculptures by Giovanni Pisano that antedate those of Donatello by 150 years, and grand architectural style were unheard of in the eleventh century, when the complex was built. From Pisa you will proceed to nearby Lucca, where, after lunch at a selected restaurant, you will tour the town that, for a period during Longobard rule in the eleventh century, was the capital of Italy. Famous for its sturdy walls and Romanesque architecture, its ramparts still stand, offering magnificent views of the town and surrounding countryside. You will have time for shopping, admiring the ancient Piazza dell' Anfiteatro and the duomo, and enjoying a slice of Lucca's signature cake, "buccellato."
Please note that the route from your cruise ship in Livorno to Pisa and Lucca will be, where possible, through scenic back roads so that you can fully appreciate the Tuscan countryside.
Highlights and What’s Included
- English-speaking driver and private vehicle
- Expert, licensed English-speaking guide
- Skip-the-line tickets for the Leaning Tower
- Walking tour of Lucca, including the Amphitheater and Cathedral
- Lunch at a selected trattoria in Lucca (not included)
- When booking, please specify the name and port of call of your cruise ship
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or those with limited mobility. Please contact us directly and we will devise alternate routes suitable for you.
- Please wear comfortable footwear, as this tour involves a lot of walking.
The Pisa/Lucca shore excursion from Livorno Port departs from and returns to your cruise ship.
Duration of Tour
This tour lasts 10 hours from pick-up to drop-off time. Please note that the round trip journey between the port of Livorno and the tour’s highlights is 1.5 hours.
- What happens after I've made a reservation through your website?
- Your Own Italy will send a confirmation email within 24 hours of the booking. Your credit card will not be charged until the confirmation is received.
- Where will I meet my driver?
- Your driver will be holding a sign with YOUR OWN ITALY and the name you provide at the booking. Your confirmation voucher will define the meeting point.
- And if there is bad weather?
- Our tours operate rain or shine!
- Is there a dress code?
- Yes! There is a dress code for churches and basilicas. Shoulders and knees must be covered; shorts, miniskirts and sleeveless shirts are not permitted.
- Can wheelchair users go on an excursion tour?
- Not all excursions tours are fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- What is the difference between a "driver-guide" and a "licensed guide"?
- Nearly all of Your Own Italy’s excursions tours are conducted by an English speaking driver AND a licensed tour guide. A few tours, such as our tour to the Cinque Terre, do not require a licensed guide and are conducted solely by the driver.
- How far in advance should I book my excursion tour?
- Booking must be made at least 72 hours prior to the excursion tour date.
- What are YOI's payment terms?
- Payment is required upon booking but your credit card will not be charged until you receive an email confirmation from Your Own Italy.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Cancellations must be made within 24 hours of the excursion tour departure time. The cost of museum tickets are always refunded when museums are unexpectedly closed. A full refund is given if the docking of the cruise is cancelled due to weather conditions.
- How do I amend a reservation?
- Reservations can be amended by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your Own Italy cannot guarantee that changes are possible once the booking has been confirmed.
- Is your site secure?
- Our Internet site uses the SSL encryption protocol to guarantee secure transactions and complete confidentiality. We use a security certificate issued by the security management company, Control Scan.
- What should I do if I need to reserve for a larger group than the size you advertise on the website?
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com with the type of service you require or break down your reservation into more than one. (For example, if you want to book 16 people, make two reservations of eight.)