Personal Information Collected
- Travel Arrangements. To make travel arrangements and provide other services to you, we will collect personal information from you, including but not limited to:
- your name, your mailing address, your phone number, email address, and birthday
- information necessary to facilitate travel or other services, including travel companion(s) names, emergency contacts, passport information and special dietary or medical needs
- personal information provided to customer-service representatives to research and resolve issues or questions; and
- payment information, including but not limited to your credit card number, card type, cardholder name, expiration date, and billing address.
- Commonly Used Internet Technologies.
- You may receive emails from us about special promotions, surveys, contests, trip information, or other travel opportunities with Your Own Italy. To assess the effectiveness of these emails, we may attach a web beacon that provides confirmation when you open an email from the Site. This only occurs if your computer supports such technology. Your Own Italy also collects certain technical information from your computer each time you request a page during a visit to the Site. This information is collected from your computer’s web browser to enhance your experience on our Site and may include your IP address, operating system, web browser software (e.g., Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer), screen resolution, and referrer website.
- Content. In addition, as a user of Your Own Italy’s Site, you may contribute to the Site in various ways, including writing reviews, and uploading photos. By doing so, you agree that Your Own Italy has a perpetual, royalty free license to use the Content including without limitation, publicly displaying it, reformatting it, incorporating it into advertisements and other works, , distributing it, and allowing others to do the same in connection with their own websites and media platforms (“Other Media”). By “use” we mean use, copy, publicly perform and display, reproduce, distribute, modify, translate, remove, analyze, commercialize, and prepare derivative works of Your Content.
Use of Personal Information Collected
- Administrative and Analytical Purposes. In addition to processing, confirming and fulfilling the travel or other services you request, Your Own Italy may use certain data for administrative and analytical purposes such as information systems management, accounting, billing and audits, and may provide such data to third parties assisting us in such efforts. We may also use PII to provide you other services, such as sending you an email notification regarding the status of your travel plans or informing you about special promotions, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, trip information, or other travel opportunities from Your Own Italy or its marketing partners. We may provide anonymous statistical information based on this data to suppliers, advertisers, affiliates and other current and potential business partners. We may also use such aggregate data to inform these third parties as to the number of people who have seen and clicked on links to their websites.
- Miscellaneous. Your Own Italy may disclose the information that we collect about you on a case by case basis to attorneys, private investigator organizations, law enforcement agencies, or to other third parties who in Your Own Italy’s own discretion need to know such information, in each case, if we believe (a) that you are in risk of harm from another, or (b) that you are harming or interfering (or will harm or interfere) with others, or are violating (either intentionally or unintentionally) our Site Terms and Conditions, or (c) are otherwise violating legal obligations, or (d) to otherwise enforce our rights. In addition, PII may be disclosed to the extent we are required to do by law.
We have put in place technology designed to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of PII that you may provide to us. Due to the nature of Internet communications and evolving technologies, however, we cannot provide, and we hereby disclaim, to the extent permitted by law, any representation, warranty, or other assurance that the information you provide us will remain free from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties who, despite our efforts, obtain unauthorized access.
Assignment or Transfer of Information You Provide
In connection with the negotiation and consummation of a merger, acquisition, stock sale, asset sale, divestiture, reorganization or other corporate transaction, Your Own Italy reserves the right to provide and transfer your PII to third parties involved in such transaction without your express consent.
Notification of Changes
Advisory: Participation by Children and Teens
Our Site is not directed at children; if you are under the age of 18, do not provide PII to us.
Questions, Comments, or Concerns