Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius
THE WORLD’S MOST WELL-PRESERVED ANCIENT TOWN
Meet Pompeii and the volcano that destroyed it! The world’s most well-preserved ancient town, Pompeii boasts paved streets, vivid frescoes, brilliant mosaics, and in many buildings walls that are intact up to the second story. There are the villas of the wealthy, who lived in airy homes with rooms laid out around delightful courtyards, and the homes of commoners, who resided in apartment buildings and gobbled fast food while rushing to work; as well as baths, temple observances, or entertainment in a 500-person theater, all in the shadow of the volcano. After a tour of the ancient city, your driver will accompany you to Mt. Vesuvius to a family-owned winery, where you can stroll through the vineyards, learn about the wine-making process from an expert, and sit down to a leisurely lunch accompanied by a tasting of estate wines. Afterwards, you’ll have the option to ascend Mt. Vesuvius to see the crater, at an altitude of roughly 3,445 feet, where, besides merely experiencing the thrill of your proximity to this restive monster, you can enjoy spectacular views of the Gulf of Naples, the Sorrento Peninsula, and the islands of Capri and Ischia.
Highlights and What's Included
- English-speaking driver and private vehicle
- Expert, licensed English-speaking guide
- Private tour of the archeological site of Pompeii
- Visit the Mt. Vesuvius crater
- Tickets to Pompeii site
- Lunch and wine tasting at a local winery on Mt. Vesuvius
- This is a private tour
- When booking, please specify the name and port of call of your cruise ship
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or those with limited mobility. Please contact us directly and we will devise alternate routes suitable for you.
- Please wear comfortable footwear, as this tour involves a lot of walking.
The Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius shore excursion from the Port of Naples departs from and returns to your cruise ship.
DURATION OF TOUR
This tour lasts 10 hours from pick up to drop off time. Please note that the round trip journey between the Port of Naples and the tour’s highlights is 30 minutes each way.
- What happens after I’ve made a reservation through your website?
- Your Own Italy will send a confirmation email within 24 hours of the booking. Your credit card will not be charged until the confirmation is received.
- Where will I meet my guide?
- Your guide will be waiting for you in the designated meeting area as you exit your ship. They will be holding a sign with the name you provided at the booking.
- And if there is bad weather?
- Our tours operate rain or shine! In the case of rough waters, an alternative mode of transportation will be provided.
- Is there a dress code?
- Yes! There is a dress code for churches and basilicas. Shoulders and knees must be covered; shorts, miniskirts and sleeveless shirts are not permitted.
- Can wheelchair users go on an excursion tour?
- Not all excursions tours are fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- How far in advance should I book my excursion tour?
- Booking must be made at least 48 hours prior to the excursion tour date.
- What are YOI’s payment terms?
- Payment is required upon booking but your credit card will not be charged until you receive an email confirmation from Your Own Italy.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Cancellations must be made within 24 hours of the excursion tour departure time. The cost of museum tickets are always refunded when museums are unexpectedly closed. A full refund is given if the docking of the cruise is cancelled due to weather conditions.
- How do I amend a reservation?
- Reservations can be amended by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your Own Italy cannot guarantee that changes are possible once the booking has been confirmed.
- Is your site secure?
- Our Internet site uses the SSL encryption protocol to guarantee secure transactions and complete confidentiality. We use a security certificate issued by the security management company, Control Scan.
- What should I do if I need to reserve for a larger group than the size you advertise on the website?
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com with the type of service you require or break down your reservation into more than one. (For example, if you want to book 16 people, make two reservations of eight.)
Your Own Italy boasts a flexible cancellation policy. Full refunds are given when cancellations are made up to 24 hours of the tour departure time and whenever possible afterwards. The cost of museum tickets is always refunded when museums are unexpectedly closed. See the details of our Cancellation Policy here.
Please specify when booking whether you would prefer to meet your private guide at your accommodations or at a designated point near the highlights of the tour.
Starting from $230.00 per person. Prices vary with size of group.
- This is a private tour
- Group size availability: 1-8 people
- TYPE OF VEHICLE:
CAR: Up to 2 participants
VAN: 3-8 participants
- For larger groups, contact us to arrange a suitable vehicle
- Booking needs to made 48 hours prior to excursion
- BOOKING INCLUDES:
Transportation, Driver, Private Licensed Guide for the entire Tour and all Tickets.