Vicenza and Verona are small cities, but between them is archeological, architectural, and artistic evidence of just about every significant period in Italy’s history. In Vicenza, the emphasis is on the elegant and extremely influential work of sixteenth century architect Andrea Palladio, whose rediscovery of the building styles of the ancient Greeks and Roman changed the appearance of Europe forever and greatly affected construction design in the New World, as well. The city’s beautiful historical center and environs boast numerous Palladio buildings, including his Olympic Theater and Villa “La Rotonda.” Verona takes one further back in time. Its city center boasts a functioning Roman amphitheater where classical operas are performed outdoors in the summer. The Middle Ages are represented by numerous well-preserved medieval buildings in the Piazza delle Erbe and Piazza dei Signori and the wonderful and unusual Gothic style tombs of the aristocratic Della Scala family. And, of course, to English speakers Verona means “two gentlemen” and “star-struck lovers,” and there is indeed a balcony of the style now called a “Juliet balcony” that has been designated the official Capulet family balcony. You will see it on this tour !
- English-speaking driver and private vehicle
- Expert, licensed English-speking guide
- Private tour of the main sites of Vicenza including Palladio’s Olympic Theater and Villa La Rotunda
- Private walking tour of Verona including the Roman amphitheater and the House of Juliet
- Entrance ticktes
- This is a private tour – your party only
- This tour lasts 10 hours from pick up to drop off time.
- Please note that the journey time between Venice and the tour sites is approximately 1.5 hours
- Please wear comfortable shoes as this tour requires a fair amount of walking.
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- Is there a dress code I should know about?
- There is a dress code for churches and basilicas. Shoulders and knees must be covered; shorts, miniskirts, and sleeveless shirts are not permitted. It is also recommended that you not take large bags or backpacks on tours that include churches as you may not be permitted to enter and storage accommodations are not usually available.
- What if there is bad weather?
- Our tours operate rain or shine!
- Is tipping customary in Italy?
- Tipping is indeed customary in Italy ! It is considered a kind gesture and proper etiquette to leave “a little something extra” depending on the level of service you receive. For a private guide it is suggested to leave 15 – 25 euros for a typical 3-hour tour.
- What happens after I’ve requested a booking through your website?
- Your Own Italy will send a confirmation email within 24 hours of your booking. You will then be invited to make your payment using a link that will be provided.
- Can wheelchair users go on this walking tour?
- Not all walking tours are fully accessible for wheelchair users or those with walking disabilities. However, if anyone in your group requires special accommodation, please let us know when completing the booking and we will work out suitable alternative routes.
- Can tours be modified?
- Yes, we will do our best to adjust any tour to accommodate special requests.
- How far in advance should I book my walking tour?
- Tours should be booked 48 hours in advance. While we cannot guarantee availability if booking occurs in less than 48 hours, we will do our best to accommodate your request.
- What are Your Own Italy’s payment terms?
- Full payment is due when the tour confirmation email is sent, within 24 hours of your booking. You will be provided with a link to our payment page. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Tours must be canceled by email 24 hours prior to the start of the tour. If cancellation is made in less than this time, Your Own Italy cannot guarantee a full refund.
- How do I amend a reservation?
- Any changes to existing reservations must be requested by email. All efforts will be made to accommodate changes, but they cannot be guaranteed.
- What should I do if I have a larger group than the size suggested on the website?
- Your Own Italy is delighted to accommodate large groups. Please specify the number in your party when booking, and every effort will be made to organize a tour within the time limits provided.
Duration Of Tour
Tour times are average – some groups prefer a more leisurely pace with fewer sites, with your private guide, this is your option.