Your guide will pick you up at your accommodations and accompany you to the Vatican for this delightful early morning tour. A buffet breakfast will be served outdoors in the Vatican's famous Pinecone Courtyard while The Vatican Museums are still closed to the public. Following your meal, you will tour galleries of sculptures, paintings and tapestries before entering the Sistine Chapel to contemplate its masterpieces at your own pace, far from the noise of crowds. You’ll walk through enchanting gardens that lead to a side entrance of St. Peter’s Basilica. Among the great works to admire in the largest Catholic church in the world are Bernini’s Baldachino and Michelangelo’s Pietà, as well as the monumentality of the Basilica itself viewed from the stunning St. Peter’s Square.
- Expert, licensed English-speaking guide
- One-way transportation to the site is provided
- Private tour of The Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Basilica and St. Peter's Square
- Skip-the-line tickets
- Buffet breakfast in the famous Pinecone Courtyard
- This is a private tour - your party only
- This tour is not available on Wednesdays or Sundays
- You do not need a passport to enter the Vatican
- Groups of 6 or more are required to rent headsets for 3€ per person. This will be included in your price.
- Photos and videos are permitted, except in the Sistine Chapel.
- Modest attire is required in churches and basilicas; knees and shoulders must be covered.
- Large bags and umbrellas are not allowed in the museum and retrieving checked items could affect your ability to cover the entire suggested itinerary.
- Please wear comfortable shoes as this tour requires a fair amount of walking.
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- Is there a dress code I should know about?
- There is a dress code for churches and basilicas. Shoulders and knees must be covered; shorts, miniskirts, and sleeveless shirts are not permitted. It is also recommended that you not take large bags or backpacks on tours that include churches as you may not be permitted to enter and storage accommodations are not usually available.
- What if there is bad weather?
- Our tours operate rain or shine!
- Is tipping customary in Italy?
- Tipping is indeed customary in Italy ! It is considered a kind gesture and proper etiquette to leave "a little something extra" depending on the level of service you receive. For a private guide it is suggested to leave 15 – 25 euros for a typical 3-hour tour.
- What happens after I've requested a booking through your website?
- Your Own Italy will send a confirmation email within 24 hours of your booking. You will then be invited to make your payment using a link that will be provided.
- Can wheelchair users go on this walking tour?
- Not all walking tours are fully accessible for wheelchair users or those with walking disabilities. However, if anyone in your group requires special accommodation, please let us know when completing the booking and we will work out suitable alternative routes.
- Can tours be modified?
- Yes, we will do our best to adjust any tour to accommodate special requests.
- How far in advance should I book my walking tour?
- Tours should be booked 48 hours in advance. While we cannot guarantee availability if booking occurs in less than 48 hours, we will do our best to accommodate your request.
- What are Your Own Italy’s payment terms?
- Full payment is due when the tour confirmation email is sent, within 24 hours of your booking. You will be provided with a link to our payment page. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Tours must be canceled by email 24 hours prior to the start of the tour. If cancellation is made in less than this time, Your Own Italy cannot guarantee a full refund.
- How do I amend a reservation?
- Any changes to existing reservations must be requested by email. All efforts will be made to accommodate changes, but they cannot be guaranteed.
- Is your site secure?
- Our internet site uses the SSL encryption protocol to guarantee secure transactions and complete confidentiality. We use a security certificate issued by the Security Management Company, Control Scan.
- What should I do if I have a larger group than the size suggested on the website?
- Your Own Italy is delighted to accommodate large groups. Please specify the number in your party when booking, and every effort will be made to organize a tour within the time limits provided.