Florence in a Day
THE CRADLE OF THE RENAISSANCE AND THE UFFIZI GALLERY
The route from your cruise ship to the city known as the cradle of the Renaissance will take you through the beautiful Tuscan countryside. Once in Florence, you will briefly stop at Piazzale Michelangelo, with its breathtaking views of the city. From there the you will meet your guide at the city center for a walking tour of Florence that will pass the Palazzo Strozzi, Palazzo Vecchio, Ponte Vecchio, Piazza della Signoria, the duomo with Brunelleschi’s path-breaking dome, the baptistery with Ghiberti’s magnificent bronze doors, and numerous other sites. After lunch at a specially-selected restaurant, you will tour the world-famous Uffizi Gallery, with a focus on Giotto, Botticelli, da Vinci, Michelangelo, Raphael, Tiziano, and Caravaggio, for a better appreciation of Florence’s role in the humanist movement that changed the world forever. Alternatively, your guide will take you to the Accademia Gallery to admire Michelangelo’s “Prisoners” and “David.”
Highlights and What's Included
- English-speaking driver and private vehicle
- Expert, liecensed English-speaking guide
- Private tour of the Ponte Vecchio, Piazza della Signoria, the Baptistery of St. John, and the outside of the Florence Duomo.
- Private tour of the Accademia Gallery or of the Uffizi Gallery
- Skip-the-line tickets included
- Lunch at a local, selected trattoria to experience local, authentic Tuscan cuisine (price not included).
- This is a private tour
- Please specify when booking the name and port of call of your cruise ship.
- When tickets to the Uffizi Gallery or the Accademia Gallery are not availble,alternative museum visits will be offered.
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or those with limited mobility. Please contact us directly and we will devise alternate routes suitable for you.
- There is a dress code for churches and basilicas. Shoulders and knees must be covered; shorts, miniskirts, and sleeveless shirts are not permitted. It is recommended that you not take large bags or backpacks on tours that include churches as storage accommodations are not always available.
- Please wear comfortable footwear, as this tour involves a lot of walking.
This Florence shore excursion from the Port of La Spezia departs and returns to your cruise ship.
DURATION OF TOUR
This tour lasts 10 hours from pick up to drop off time. Please note that the journey time between the Port of La Spezia and Florence is approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes each way
- What happens after I’ve made a reservation through your website?
- Your Own Italy will send a confirmation email within 24 hours of the booking. Your credit card will not be charged until the confirmation is received.
- Where will I meet my guide?
- Your guide will be waiting for you in the designated meeting area as you exit your ship. They will be holding a sign with the name you provided at the booking.
- And if there is bad weather?
- Our tours operate rain or shine! In the case of rough waters, an alternative mode of transportation will be provided.
- Is there a dress code?
- Yes! There is a dress code for churches and basilicas. Shoulders and knees must be covered; shorts, miniskirts and sleeveless shirts are not permitted.
- Can wheelchair users go on an excursion tour?
- Not all excursions tours are fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- How far in advance should I book my excursion tour?
- Booking must be made at least 48 hours prior to the excursion tour date.
- What are YOI’s payment terms?
- Payment is required upon booking but your credit card will not be charged until you receive an email confirmation from Your Own Italy.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Cancellations must be made within 24 hours of the excursion tour departure time. The cost of museum tickets are always refunded when museums are unexpectedly closed. A full refund is given if the docking of the cruise is cancelled due to weather conditions.
- How do I amend a reservation?
- Reservations can be amended by sending an email to email@example.com. Your Own Italy cannot guarantee that changes are possible once the booking has been confirmed.
- Is your site secure?
- Our Internet site uses the SSL encryption protocol to guarantee secure transactions and complete confidentiality. We use a security certificate issued by the security management company, Control Scan.
- What should I do if I need to reserve for a larger group than the size you advertise on the website?
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the type of service you require or break down your reservation into more than one. (For example, if you want to book 16 people, make two reservations of eight.)
- This is a private tour
- Group size availability: 1-8 people
- TYPE OF VEHICLE:
CAR: Up to 2 participants
VAN: 3-8 participants
- For larger groups, contact us to arrange a suitable vehicle
- Booking needs to made 48 hours prior to excursion
- BOOKING INCLUDES:
Transportation, Driver, Private Licensed Guide for the entire Tour and all Tickets.