Nestled between sea and mountains and founded in ancient times by natives seeking refuge from barbarian invaders, the towns of the Cinque Terre have been isolated from the rest of Italy for centuries. Because of this and the area’s dramatic coastal scenery, the Cinque Terre have become ever more attractive to modern visitors to Italy and are an ideal alternative for those seeking an unusual shore experience. Your driver will pick you up at the Livorno Cruise Ship Terminal and accompany you to Manarola where you will meet your guide. Built on a high rock 70 metres above sea level Manarola is one of the most charming and romantic of the Cinque Terre villages. The tiny harbor features multicoloured houses facing the sea, and the tiny piazza is lined with shops and restaurants. The village is all ups and downs, with steep narrow alleys leading to the sea. Your guide will then via the local train to the villages of Riomaggiore. You’ll walk along the panoramic footpath that leads from the new to the old part of the village above and from where you will have a view of the famed path, the”Via dell’Amore”. You’ll visit the town itself, enter the church of St. John the Baptist, one of the most important religious edifices in Cinque Terre and enjoy the “main street” with its colorful shops and cafes. At the port, you’ll board your private boat with your guide and enjoy the view of the Cinque Terre from the Ligurian Sea. Your boat will dock in Vernazza, known as the “pearl of the Cinque Terre” for its picturesque view from every angle. Your guide will take you through the maze of back streets and the pretty pastel-colored squares. The region is famous for its pesto sauce and a sumptuous lunch seaside at a selected restaurant awaits you. Your guide will then accompany you to meet your drivers who will take you to visit the town of Corniglia perched high above sea level. Corniglia is the only village of the Cinque Terre that does not have a port and with a population of only 150 people, it is the most “peaceful” of the villages. Afterwards, your drivers will take you to your cruise ship in time for departure.
Highlights and What's Included
- English-speaking driver and private vehicle
- English-speaking local tour guide
- Private Tour of Manarola, RIomaggiore, Vernazza, and Corniglia
- Private Boat Tour of the Cinque Terre Coastline between Riomaggiore and Vernazza
- This is a private tour
- Please specify in your booking the name and port of call of your cruise ship.
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or those with limited mobility. Please contact us directly and we will devise alternate routes suitable for you.
- There is a dress code for churches and basilicas. Shoulders and knees must be covered; shorts, miniskirts, and sleeveless shirts are not permitted. It is recommended that you not take large bags or backpacks on tours that include churches as storage accommodations are not always available.
- Please wear comfortable footwear, as this tour involves a lot of walking.
This Florence shore excursion from the Port of Livorno departs and returns to your cruise ship.
DURATION OF TOUR
This tour lasts 10 hours from pick up to drop off time. Please note that the journey time between the Port of Livorno and Florence is approximately 1.5 hours each way.
- What happens after I’ve made a reservation through your website?
- Your Own Italy will send a confirmation email within 24 hours of the booking. Your credit card will not be charged until the confirmation is received.
- Where will I meet my guide?
- Your guide will be waiting for you in the designated meeting area as you exit your ship. They will be holding a sign with the name you provided at the booking.
- And if there is bad weather?
- Our tours operate rain or shine! In the case of rough waters, an alternative mode of transportation will be provided.
- Is there a dress code?
- Yes! There is a dress code for churches and basilicas. Shoulders and knees must be covered; shorts, miniskirts and sleeveless shirts are not permitted.
- Can wheelchair users go on an excursion tour?
- Not all excursions tours are fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- How far in advance should I book my excursion tour?
- Booking must be made at least 48 hours prior to the excursion tour date.
- What are YOI’s payment terms?
- Payment is required upon booking but your credit card will not be charged until you receive an email confirmation from Your Own Italy.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Cancellations must be made within 24 hours of the excursion tour departure time. The cost of museum tickets are always refunded when museums are unexpectedly closed. A full refund is given if the docking of the cruise is cancelled due to weather conditions.
- How do I amend a reservation?
- Reservations can be amended by sending an email to email@example.com. Your Own Italy cannot guarantee that changes are possible once the booking has been confirmed.
- Is your site secure?
- Our Internet site uses the SSL encryption protocol to guarantee secure transactions and complete confidentiality. We use a security certificate issued by the security management company, Control Scan.
- What should I do if I need to reserve for a larger group than the size you advertise on the website?
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the type of service you require or break down your reservation into more than one. (For example, if you want to book 16 people, make two reservations of eight.)
- This is a private tour
- Group size availability: 1-8 people
- TYPE OF VEHICLE:
CAR: Up to 2 participants
VAN: 3-8 participants
- For larger groups, contact us to arrange a suitable vehicle
- Booking needs to made 48 hours prior to excursion
- BOOKING INCLUDES:
Transportation, Driver, Private Licensed Guide for the entire Tour and all Tickets.