Prepare for the experience of a lifetime! The winding roads of the Amalfi Peninsula are a cinch for your Italian driver, and all you’ll have to do is sit back and enjoy the awe-inspiring views of the Mediterranean spread out before you. Your first stop will be Positano, a tiny jewel of a town that clings to the side of a mountain that tumbles straight down to the sea. Take a walk past picturesque shops displaying white linen dresses and hand-made sandals and jewelry; wander through open air art exhibits in courtyards just behind the town’s whitewashed walls; have a seat at a bar with a terrace that overlook the sea and cool off with a “granita al limone” (Italian lemon ice). The abundance of flowers, the white buildings, and the deep blue sea will cast a spell of well-being upon you. From here you will head to Ravello, at the top of Mount Cerreto, for lunch on the most spectacular panoramic terrace you have ever seen. After a stroll in the lovely gardens of Villa Ruffolo, you will wind down the mountain, with breathtaking views and photo ops, and then wrap up the day in Amalfi, with its eleventh century cathedral that honors Saint Andrew, the city’s patron saint.
Highlights and What's Included
- English-speaking driver and private vehicle
- No guide necessary
- Visit the towns of Positano, Ravello and Amalfi
- Visit the Villa Ruffolo, tickets included
- Lunch in a selected restaurant (cost not included) in Ravello
- This is a private tour
- When booking, please specify the name and port of call of your cruise ship
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or those with limited mobility. Please contact us directly and we will devise alternate routes suitable for you.
- Please wear comfortable footwear, as this tour involves a lot of walking.
The Amalfi Coast shore excursion from the Port of Naples departs from and returns to your cruise ship.
DURATION OF TOUR
This tour lasts 10 hours from pick up to drop off time. Please note that the round trip journey between the Port of Naples and the tour’s highlights is 1 hour each way.
- What happens after I’ve made a reservation through your website?
- Your Own Italy will send a confirmation email within 24 hours of the booking. Your credit card will not be charged until the confirmation is received.
- Where will I meet my guide?
- Your guide will be waiting for you in the designated meeting area as you exit your ship. They will be holding a sign with the name you provided at the booking.
- And if there is bad weather?
- Our tours operate rain or shine! In the case of rough waters, an alternative mode of transportation will be provided.
- Is there a dress code?
- Yes! There is a dress code for churches and basilicas. Shoulders and knees must be covered; shorts, miniskirts and sleeveless shirts are not permitted.
- Can wheelchair users go on an excursion tour?
- Not all excursions tours are fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- How far in advance should I book my excursion tour?
- Booking must be made at least 48 hours prior to the excursion tour date.
- What are YOI’s payment terms?
- Payment is required upon booking but your credit card will not be charged until you receive an email confirmation from Your Own Italy.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Cancellations must be made within 24 hours of the excursion tour departure time. The cost of museum tickets are always refunded when museums are unexpectedly closed. A full refund is given if the docking of the cruise is cancelled due to weather conditions.
- How do I amend a reservation?
- Reservations can be amended by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your Own Italy cannot guarantee that changes are possible once the booking has been confirmed.
- Is your site secure?
- Our Internet site uses the SSL encryption protocol to guarantee secure transactions and complete confidentiality. We use a security certificate issued by the security management company, Control Scan.
- What should I do if I need to reserve for a larger group than the size you advertise on the website?
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com with the type of service you require or break down your reservation into more than one. (For example, if you want to book 16 people, make two reservations of eight.)
- This is a private tour
- Group size availability: 1-8 people
- TYPE OF VEHICLE:
CAR: Up to 2 participants
VAN: 3-8 participants
- For larger groups, contact us to arrange a suitable vehicle
- Booking needs to made 48 hours prior to excursion
- BOOKING INCLUDES:
Transportation, Driver, Private Licensed Guide for the entire Tour and all Tickets.