Dive into Culinary Delights
A Cooking Class at Fattoria Terranova
A Cooking Class at the Fattoria Terranova offers a unique and immersive experience into the heart of Italian culinary traditions, set against the backdrop of the picturesque Sorrento Peninsula. This hands-on cooking class is more than just a lesson; it’s an invitation to dive deep into the rich tapestry of Italian cuisine, guided by expert chefs who share their passion for food and the secrets behind authentic Italian dishes. Your Own Italy crafts this experience to ensure you not only learn to cook like a local but also feel the warmth and hospitality that Italy is renowned for.
A Farm-to-Table Experience
Nestled amidst the lush landscapes of the Sorrento Peninsula, Fattoria Terranova is not just a venue but a vibrant working farm that practices farm-to-table philosophy. Before the cooking class begins, you’ll embark on a guided tour of the farm, where you can pick fresh ingredients straight from the garden – tomatoes bursting with flavor, aromatic basil, ripe lemons, and more, all of which will play a starring role in your culinary creations.
Master the Art of Italian Cooking
Under the guidance of experienced chefs, you’ll learn how to prepare a variety of traditional Italian dishes, from classic Neapolitan appetizers to hearty main courses and delectable desserts. Whether you’re kneading the dough for the perfect pizza, crafting delicate pasta, or stirring a rich and savory ragù, the cooking class at Fattoria Terranova promises an engaging and rewarding experience.
A Feast Among Friends
The highlight of the cooking class is sitting down to enjoy the fruits of your labor. This communal meal, set in a rustic and inviting setting, not only showcases the dishes you’ve prepared but also embodies the Italian spirit of gathering around the table. Paired with local wines and surrounded by new friends, this meal becomes a celebration of Italian culture and the simple joy of sharing good food.
Your Own Italy: Tailoring Your Culinary Adventure
Choosing Your Own Italy for your cooking class at Fattoria Terranova means embarking on a culinary adventure that’s tailored to your interests and tastes. Beyond the kitchen, we can enhance your journey with visits to local vineyards, cheese producers, and other culinary highlights of the Sorrento Peninsula, making your Italian getaway unforgettable.
Begin Your Culinary Journey in Sorrento
Are you ready to explore the flavors of Italy and unlock the secrets of Italian cooking? Contact Your Own Italy to book your cooking class at Fattoria Terranova. Discover the joy of Italian cuisine, immerse yourself in the beauty of Sorrento, and take home not just recipes, but memories that will last a lifetime.
- Expert, licensed English-speaking guide
- Private tour of Modica
Practical Tips for Your Cooking Class
– What to Wear: Comfortable clothing and closed-toe shoes are recommended for the cooking class. Aprons will be provided to protect your clothes.
– Dietary Restrictions: If you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies, please inform Your Own Italy or Fattoria Terranova in advance so accommodations can be made.
– Bring a Notebook: You may want to jot down notes, tips, and recipes shared by the chefs during the class to recreate the dishes at home.
– Camera: Don’t forget your camera or smartphone to capture the moments of your culinary journey, from the picturesque farm to the delicious dishes you’ll create.
- Is there a dress code I should know about?
- There is a dress code for churches and basilicas. Shoulders and knees must be covered; shorts, miniskirts, and sleeveless shirts are not permitted. It is also recommended that you not take large bags or backpacks on tours that include churches as you may not be permitted to enter and storage accommodations are not usually available.
- What if there is bad weather?
- Our tours operate rain or shine!
- Is tipping customary in Italy?
- Tipping is indeed customary in Italy ! It is considered a kind gesture and proper etiquette to leave “a little something extra” depending on the level of service you receive. For a private guide it is suggested to leave 15 – 25 euros for a typical 3-hour tour.
- What happens after I’ve requested a booking through your website?
- Your Own Italy will send a confirmation email within 24 hours of your booking. You will then be invited to make your payment using a link that will be provided.
- Can wheelchair users go on this walking tour?
- Not all walking tours are fully accessible for wheelchair users or those with walking disabilities. However, if anyone in your group requires special accommodation, please let us know when completing the booking and we will work out suitable alternative routes.
- Can tours be modified?
- Yes, we will do our best to adjust any tour to accommodate special requests.
- How far in advance should I book my walking tour?
- Tours should be booked 48 hours in advance. While we cannot guarantee availability if booking occurs in less than 48 hours, we will do our best to accommodate your request.
- What are Your Own Italy’s payment terms?
- Full payment is due when the tour confirmation email is sent, within 24 hours of your booking. You will be provided with a link to our payment page. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Tours must be canceled by email 24 hours prior to the start of the tour. If cancellation is made in less than this time, Your Own Italy cannot guarantee a full refund.
- How do I amend a reservation?
- Any changes to existing reservations must be requested by email. All efforts will be made to accommodate changes, but they cannot be guaranteed.
- What should I do if I have a larger group than the size suggested on the website?
- Your Own Italy is delighted to accommodate large groups. Please specify the number in your party when booking, and every effort will be made to organize a tour within the time limits provided.
Duration Of Tour
Tour times are average – some groups prefer a more leisurely pace with fewer sites, with your private guide, this is your option.