Discover Paestum: Where Greek Ruins Meet Italian Tradition
Embarking on a tour to Paestum and a Mozzarella Factory with Your Own Italy offers a unique blend of ancient history and gastronomic delight. This experience takes you through the heart of Campania, combining the exploration of one of Italy’s most significant archaeological sites with a visit to a traditional mozzarella di bufala factory. It’s an invitation to step back in time to the age of the ancient Greeks while savoring the rich flavors of one of Italy’s most beloved cheeses.
Ancient Paestum: A Glimpse into Magna Graecia
Your journey begins at the ancient city of Paestum, renowned for its well-preserved Greek temples dating back to the 6th century BC. As you wander through this UNESCO World Heritage Site, you’ll be captivated by the majestic Temple of Hera, the Temple of Neptune, and the Basilica, which stand as testaments to the architectural prowess of the ancient Greeks. The on-site museum offers further insights into the life and art of Paestum’s inhabitants, showcasing fascinating artifacts, including the famous Tomb of the Diver fresco.
A Taste of Campania: Mozzarella di Bufala Experience
From the ancient stones of Paestum, your tour transitions to the rolling countryside of Campania, where buffalo roam and the art of cheese-making has been perfected over generations. Visiting a local mozzarella di bufala factory, you’ll witness the traditional methods of producing this exquisite cheese, from the careful handling of buffalo milk to the skillful art of mozzarella pulling.
Tasting sessions provide a direct connection to the land and its flavors, allowing you to savor the creamy texture and delicate taste of fresh mozzarella di bufala, accompanied by other regional specialties. This immersive experience not only delights the palate but also offers an understanding of the dedication behind producing authentic Italian products.
Your Own Italy: Crafting Authentic Italian Experiences
With Your Own Italy, your tour to Paestum and a Mozzarella Factory is more than just a day trip; it’s an exploration of Italy’s rich cultural heritage and culinary traditions. Tailored to your interests, this experience combines historical insights with gastronomic excellence, ensuring a memorable journey through the heart of Campania.
Embark on Your Journey to Paestum and Beyond
Are you ready to explore the ancient wonders of Paestum and indulge in the art of mozzarella di bufala making? Contact Your Own Italy to personalize your adventure. Discover the timeless beauty of Paestum and savor the flavors of Campania on a tour designed to engage all your senses and leave you with lasting memories of Italy’s cultural and culinary richness.
- Expert, licensed English-speaking guide
Tips for Your Paestum and Mozzarella Factory Tour
– What to Wear: Comfortable walking shoes are a must for exploring the archaeological site. For the factory visit, wear closed-toe shoes for safety.
– What to Bring: Sun protection is essential, especially during the summer months. A camera is recommended to capture the beauty of Paestum’s ruins and the pastoral landscapes of Campania.
– Local Etiquette: When visiting the mozzarella factory, respect the production process by following any guidelines provided. This ensures a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone.
– Food Allergies: Inform Your Own Italy of any food allergies or dietary restrictions to accommodate your needs during the tasting sessions.
- Is there a dress code I should know about?
- There is a dress code for churches and basilicas. Shoulders and knees must be covered; shorts, miniskirts, and sleeveless shirts are not permitted. It is also recommended that you not take large bags or backpacks on tours that include churches as you may not be permitted to enter and storage accommodations are not usually available.
- What if there is bad weather?
- Our tours operate rain or shine!
- Is tipping customary in Italy?
- Tipping is indeed customary in Italy ! It is considered a kind gesture and proper etiquette to leave “a little something extra” depending on the level of service you receive. For a private guide it is suggested to leave 15 – 25 euros for a typical 3-hour tour.
- What happens after I’ve requested a booking through your website?
- Your Own Italy will send a confirmation email within 24 hours of your booking. You will then be invited to make your payment using a link that will be provided.
- Can wheelchair users go on this walking tour?
- Not all walking tours are fully accessible for wheelchair users or those with walking disabilities. However, if anyone in your group requires special accommodation, please let us know when completing the booking and we will work out suitable alternative routes.
- Can tours be modified?
- Yes, we will do our best to adjust any tour to accommodate special requests.
- How far in advance should I book my walking tour?
- Tours should be booked 48 hours in advance. While we cannot guarantee availability if booking occurs in less than 48 hours, we will do our best to accommodate your request.
- What are Your Own Italy’s payment terms?
- Full payment is due when the tour confirmation email is sent, within 24 hours of your booking. You will be provided with a link to our payment page. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Tours must be canceled by email 24 hours prior to the start of the tour. If cancellation is made in less than this time, Your Own Italy cannot guarantee a full refund.
- How do I amend a reservation?
- Any changes to existing reservations must be requested by email. All efforts will be made to accommodate changes, but they cannot be guaranteed.
- What should I do if I have a larger group than the size suggested on the website?
- Your Own Italy is delighted to accommodate large groups. Please specify the number in your party when booking, and every effort will be made to organize a tour within the time limits provided.
Duration Of Tour
Tour times are average – some groups prefer a more leisurely pace with fewer sites, with your private guide, this is your option.