Your guide will pick you up at your accommodations and accompany you to the Piazza della Signoria where you will admire some of the iconic artworks of Florence including a copy of Michelangelo’s David and sculptures by Cellini and Giambologna. Your guide will describe the rise of the Medici, originally modest wool merchants, to prominence, tremendous wealth and influence. The tour will continue at the adjacent Uffizi Gallery built in 1560 for Cosimo I de’Medici to accommodate the offices of the Florentine magistrates, hence the name “uffizi,” or offices. Cosimo planned to display a series of masterpieces from the Medici collection in one room, but over the years more sections of the palace were recruited to exhibit art, and the museum aspect of the complex took on a life of its own. The incomparable gallery houses masterpieces by Botticelli, Raphael, Da Vinci, Titian, Michelangelo, Caravaggio, Ghirlandaio, Rembrandt, and many more. The Uffizi has been officially open to the general public since 1765 and is one of the greatest collections of Renaissance art in the world.
- Expert, licensed English-speaking guide
- Private tour of the highlights of the Uffizi Gallery
- Skip-the-line tickets
- This is a private tour – your group only.
- The Uffizi Gallery is closed on Mondays
- Groups of 6 or more are required to rent headsets for 3€ per person. This will be included in your price.
- Large bags and umbrellas are not allowed in the museum, and retrieving checked items could affect your ability to cover the entire suggested itinerary.
- Please wear comfortable shoes, as this tour requires a fair amount of walking.
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or those with limited mobility. Please contact us directly and we will devise alternate routes suitable for you.
- Is there a dress code I should know about?
- There is a dress code for churches and basilicas. Shoulders and knees must be covered; shorts, miniskirts, and sleeveless shirts are not permitted. It is also recommended that you not take large bags or backpacks on tours that include churches as you may not be permitted to enter and storage accommodations are not usually available.
- What if there is bad weather?
- Our tours operate rain or shine!
- Is tipping customary in Italy?
- Tipping is indeed customary in Italy ! It is considered a kind gesture and proper etiquette to leave “a little something extra” depending on the level of service you receive. For a private guide it is suggested to leave 15 – 25 euros for a typical 3-hour tour.
- What happens after I’ve requested a booking through your website?
- Your Own Italy will send a confirmation email within 24 hours of your booking. You will then be invited to make your payment using a link that will be provided.
- Can wheelchair users go on this walking tour?
- Not all walking tours are fully accessible for wheelchair users or those with walking disabilities. However, if anyone in your group requires special accommodation, please let us know when completing the booking and we will work out suitable alternative routes.
- Can tours be modified?
- Yes, we will do our best to adjust any tour to accommodate special requests.
- How far in advance should I book my walking tour?
- Tours should be booked 48 hours in advance. While we cannot guarantee availability if booking occurs in less than 48 hours, we will do our best to accommodate your request.
- What are Your Own Italy’s payment terms?
- Full payment is due when the tour confirmation email is sent, within 24 hours of your booking. You will be provided with a link to our payment page. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Tours must be canceled by email 24 hours prior to the start of the tour. If cancellation is made in less than this time, Your Own Italy cannot guarantee a full refund.
- How do I amend a reservation?
- Any changes to existing reservations must be requested by email. All efforts will be made to accommodate changes, but they cannot be guaranteed.
- What should I do if I have a larger group than the size suggested on the website?
- Your Own Italy is delighted to accommodate large groups. Please specify the number in your party when booking, and every effort will be made to organize a tour within the time limits provided.
Duration Of Tour
Tour times are average – some groups prefer a more leisurely pace with fewer sites, with your private guide, this is your option.