Are you ready for an unforgettable adventure in the heart of the Vatican? Join us on this exclusive tour of the secret rooms and hidden treasures of the Holy See. You will explore the papal apartments, the private library, the secret archives, and the mysterious Sistine Chapel. You will also have access to some of the most precious artworks and relics in the world, such as the Raphael Rooms, the Borgia Apartments, and the Niccoline Chapel. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see the Vatican from a different perspective and learn about its history, secrets, and scandals. Don’t miss this chance to discover the hidden side of the Vatican with our expert guides. Book your tour now and get ready for an amazing experience!
This tour is perfect for those who love art, history, and mystery. You will be amazed by the beauty and splendor of the Vatican, as well as by its dark and intriguing secrets. You will learn about the lives and deeds of the popes, their allies and enemies, their scandals and intrigues. You will see how they shaped the history of the world and influenced the culture and religion of millions of people. You will also witness some of the most stunning masterpieces of art ever created, such as Michelangelo’s frescoes in the Sistine Chapel, Raphael’s paintings in his rooms, and Fra Angelico’s delicate scenes in the Niccoline Chapel. You will feel like you are part of a privileged group that has access to places that most people can only dream of. This is not just a tour, it is an adventure that you will never forget!
- Expert, licensed English-speaking guide
- One-way private transportation to the site is provided
- Private tour of The Vatican museum, the Scala del Bramante, the Niccolina Chapel, the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica
- Skip-the-line tickets
- This is a private tour – your party only.
- The Vatican Museums are closed on Sundays.
- You do NOT need a passport to enter the Vatican
- Groups of 6 or more are required to rent headsets for 3€ per person. This fee is included in our cost.
- Photos and video are permitted, except in the Sistine Chapel.
- Modest attire is required in churches and basilicas; knees and shoulders must be covered
- Large bags and umbrellas are not allowed in the museum, and retrieving checked items could affect your ability to cover the entire suggested itinerary.
- Please wear comfortable shoes as this tour requires a fair amount of walking
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- Is there a dress code I should know about?
- There is a dress code for churches and basilicas. Shoulders and knees must be covered; shorts, miniskirts, and sleeveless shirts are not permitted. It is also recommended that you not take large bags or backpacks on tours that include churches as you may not be permitted to enter and storage accommodations are not usually available.
- What if there is bad weather?
- Our tours operate rain or shine!
- Is tipping customary in Italy?
- Tipping is indeed customary in Italy ! It is considered a kind gesture and proper etiquette to leave “a little something extra” depending on the level of service you receive. For a private guide it is suggested to leave 15 – 25 euros for a typical 3-hour tour.
- What happens after I’ve requested a booking through your website?
- Your Own Italy will send a confirmation email within 24 hours of your booking. You will then be invited to make your payment using a link that will be provided.
- Can wheelchair users go on this walking tour?
- Not all walking tours are fully accessible for wheelchair users or those with walking disabilities. However, if anyone in your group requires special accommodation, please let us know when completing the booking and we will work out suitable alternative routes.
- Can tours be modified?
- Yes, we will do our best to adjust any tour to accommodate special requests.
- How far in advance should I book my walking tour?
- Tours should be booked 48 hours in advance. While we cannot guarantee availability if booking occurs in less than 48 hours, we will do our best to accommodate your request.
- What are Your Own Italy’s payment terms?
- Full payment is due when the tour confirmation email is sent, within 24 hours of your booking. You will be provided with a link to our payment page. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Tours must be canceled by email 24 hours prior to the start of the tour. If cancellation is made in less than this time, Your Own Italy cannot guarantee a full refund.
- How do I amend a reservation?
- Any changes to existing reservations must be requested by email. All efforts will be made to accommodate changes, but they cannot be guaranteed.
- What should I do if I have a larger group than the size suggested on the website?
- Your Own Italy is delighted to accommodate large groups. Please specify the number in your party when booking, and every effort will be made to organize a tour within the time limits provided.
Duration Of Tour
Tour times are average – some groups prefer a more leisurely pace with fewer sites, with your private guide, this is your option.