Venice Walking Tours: Art and Museum Tours
The Ca’ Rezzonico Museum, Accademia Gallery, and Peggy Guggenheim Collection
Your guide will meet you at your accommodations. The collections in these museums are among Venice’s greatest, ranging from Byzantine and Gothic paintings through Renaissance masters to contemporary art. The opulent, marble-faced Baroque palazzo of the Ca’ Rezzonico Museum, on the Grand Canal, houses art works and objects of 18th century Venice, including paintings by Pietro Longhi, Canaletto, and Francesco Guardi; a collection of Murano glass; and furnishings from an antique Venetian pharmacy, including majolica canisters containing 18th century remedies. A boat will take you to the Accademia Galleries, with an outstanding collection of Venetian paintings of the 14th to 18th centuries, among which are masterpieces by Bellini, Giorgione, Carpaccio, Tiziano, Tintoretto, Veronese, and Tiepolo. A lovely walk will bring us to the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, located in Palazzo Venier dei Leoni, on the Grand Canal. One of Italy’s most important museums of 20th century European and American art, the museum features works from Ms. Guggenheim’s personal collection as well as masterpieces of the Schulhof Collection, the Nasher Sculpture Garden, and temporary exhibitions.
- Expert, licensed English-speaking guide
- Private tour of the three museums
- Entrance tickets
- This is a private tour – for your party only.
- Please wear comfortable shoes as this tour requires a fair amount of walking.
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or those with limited mobility. However, please contact us directly and we will substitute routes suitable for you.
- Is there a dress code I should know about?
- There is a dress code for churches and basilicas. Shoulders and knees must be covered; shorts, miniskirts, and sleeveless shirts are not permitted. It is also recommended that you not take large bags or backpacks on tours that include churches as you may not be permitted to enter and storage accommodations are not usually available.
- What if there is bad weather?
- Our tours operate rain or shine!
- Is tipping customary in Italy?
- Tipping is indeed customary in Italy ! It is considered a kind gesture and proper etiquette to leave “a little something extra” depending on the level of service you receive. For a private guide it is suggested to leave 15 – 25 euros for a typical 3-hour tour.
- What happens after I’ve requested a booking through your website?
- Your Own Italy will send a confirmation email within 24 hours of your booking. You will then be invited to make your payment using a link that will be provided.
- Can wheelchair users go on this walking tour?
- Not all walking tours are fully accessible for wheelchair users or those with walking disabilities. However, if anyone in your group requires special accommodation, please let us know when completing the booking and we will work out suitable alternative routes.
- Can tours be modified?
- Yes, we will do our best to adjust any tour to accommodate special requests.
- How far in advance should I book my walking tour?
- Tours should be booked 48 hours in advance. While we cannot guarantee availability if booking occurs in less than 48 hours, we will do our best to accommodate your request.
- What are Your Own Italy’s payment terms?
- Full payment is due when the tour confirmation email is sent, within 24 hours of your booking. You will be provided with a link to our payment page. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Tours must be canceled by email 24 hours prior to the start of the tour. If cancellation is made in less than this time, Your Own Italy cannot guarantee a full refund.
- How do I amend a reservation?
- Any changes to existing reservations must be requested by email. All efforts will be made to accommodate changes, but they cannot be guaranteed.
- What should I do if I have a larger group than the size suggested on the website?
- Your Own Italy is delighted to accommodate large groups. Please specify the number in your party when booking, and every effort will be made to organize a tour within the time limits provided.
3 = $164.00
4 = $138.00
5 = $116.00
6 = $107.00
7 = $95.00
8 = $86.00
Duration Of Tour
Tour times are average – some groups prefer a more leisurely pace with fewer sites, with your private guide, this is your option.