Here is the perfect tale of two cities: Italy’s “art” and “soul.” Rome, once the capital of the western world, remains the secular capital of Italy and the seat of the Catholic Church, and as such should be on the bucket list of anyone who wants to understand western civilization. When Florence began flexing her muscles in the fifteen century, she was actually giving birth to the Renaissance, which would sweep across Europe in a hundred years and turn it, and the world, upside down. You’ll get all this plus a tour of the Chianti region, with wine tasting and lunch, private car, English-speaking tour guides, and custom options, of course … because this is Your Own Italy.
- Private transfers to and from airports and train stations
- Reserved business class seats on high-speed trains
- Accommodations: selected 4-star boutique hotels or apartments in historic centers of Rome – 4 nights and Florence- 3 nights.
- English-speaking local tour guides throughout your vacation
- All skip-the line tickets included
- Private Introductory Walking Tour of Rome
- Private Tour of the Roman Forum and Coliseum
- Private Tour of The Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica
- Private Introductory Tour of Florence including the Academia Gallery
- Private Tour of the Piazza della Signoria and Uffizi Gallery
- Lunch and Wine Tasting at Villa Machiavelli followed by visit to San Gimignano
- Day Excursion to Siena for Private Walking Tour
Day 1: Welcome to Rome! Introductory Dolce Vita Tour
Your driver will be waiting for you at Rome’s Leonardo Da Vinci Airport and will escort you to your hotel in Rome. After relaxing, you will be picked up by your private guide, who will accompany you on your “Dolce Vita” Tour. You’ll uncover the secrets locked in Bernini’s work, marvel at the Pantheon, the best preserved monument from ancient Rome, toss a coin in the Trevi Fountain to ensure your return to the Eternal City, and simply enjoy Rome’s charming streets in a leisurely Italian fashion. By the end of the tour, you will realize that your guide has not only shown you around Rome, but has taught you how to get around Rome almost like a native.
Day 2: Walk in the Footsteps of the Ancient Romans
Your guide will pick you up at your hotel and accompany you to the Coliseum, one of the ancient world’s largest structures, where Romans once gathered to watch gladiator games, animal contests, and even reenactments of sea battles. A massive stone amphitheater that seated an estimated 60,000 spectators, it was built in only eight years. Your guide will tell you about its design and construction, political purposes, fighters (both willing and unwilling), and eventual demise as an arena. At the Imperial Roman Forum, you will hear about the myths and religions of ancient Rome as you wander through the ruins of meeting halls and temples, such as that of the Vestal Virgins, who maintained Vesta’s sacred fire and were considered to be almost goddesses. The most ancient Latin text ever found, the Lapis Niger (“black stone”), can also be found in the Forum, in the foundation of a column. Your tour will end on the Capitoline Hill, the smallest and most important of the seven hills of ancient Rome, which offers a wonderful view of the city and the Forum.
Day 3: Explore The Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica
Your guide will pick you up at your hotel for this signature Your Own Italy tour of The Vatican Museum and St. Peter’s Basilica. The art of The Vatican is among the most recognizable in the world. In leading you through the museums, your guide will convey the tantalizing background of these Renaissance masterpieces, the geniuses who created them, and the powers who commissioned them. In the Sistine Chapel, below the largest and most renowned fresco in the world, your tour guide will explain the intriguing history of this work and the hidden messages Michelangelo painted into it. After the museum, you’ll visit St. Peter’s Basilica, the largest Catholic church in the world, where you can see Michelangelo’s magnificent Pietà, Bernini’s acclaimed altar canopy, and the tombs of the Popes, including that of John Paul II.
Day 4: Arrival in Florence, Introductory Tour and the Accademia Gallery
Your driver will pick you up at your hotel in Rome and accompany you to the train station for a high-speed train to Florence. You will be met at the train station in Florence by a driver who will accompany you to your hotel for check in. After you relax, your private tour guide will take you on an afternoon tour of the historic center that will include the gothic cathedral dedicated to Santa Maria del Fiore and the Accademia Gallery to see Michelangelo’s incomparable David.
Day 5: Tour of the Piazza della Signoria and the Uffizi Gallery
Your guide will take you on a walking tour of the Piazza della Signoria and its many sculptures. The graceful Loggia dei Lanzi houses the famous sculptures of Perseus Holding Medusa’s Head, by Cellini (1554), and the Rape of the Sabine Women, by Giambologna. The tour continues with a private tour of the magnificent Uffizi Gallery, where every piece of art is a Renaissance masterpiece, followed by a glass of prosecco on the terrace overlooking the Piazza della Signoria.
Day 6: Lunch and Wine Tasting at Villa Machiavelli and Visit to San Gimignano
This relaxing day begins with a drive on picturesque local roads through the Chianti region. Lying between Florence and Siena, and bordered on the east by the Chianti Mountains and the west by the Elsa River, this wine region boasts rolling hills covered with vineyards and cypresses, an unhurried pace of life and charming villages. You’ll visit the celebrated Machiavelli winery for a tour of the vineyard and a sampling of several different types of local wine, followed by a sumptuous lunch in the family’s villa. Following this, your driver will take you to the medieval gem of San Gimignano, “city of beautiful towers.” In its heyday, the town boasted 72 towers. Now 14 remain, and, rising above Tuscany’s Elsa Valley, they give the town the appearance of a medieval dream. Your visit begins at the Piazza della Cisterna, Piazza del Duomo Collegiata, and Romanesque cathedral, and continues with a stroll along the ancient pilgrimage road, the Via Francigena. There will also be time to visit shops, browse the lovely Santa Fina pottery and other handmade products, and purchase some saffron, a local culinary specialty.
Day 7: Tour of Siena and Return to Rome
Your driver will pick you up at your hotel after your leisurely breakfast and take you to Siena where you will meet you guide for a tour. You’ll walk through Siena’s charming small streets and famous Piazza del Campo, designated a UNESCO World Heritage site. The impressive 13th century cathedral is a splendid example of Italian Romanesque-Gothic architecture. After lunch at a selected restaurant, your driver will take you back to you to Rome where you will check in to your boutique hotel in the historic center.
Day 8: Departure – Arrivederci !
Your driver will pick you up with plenty of time to make your flight. Rome salutes you with a warm and heartfelt “Arrivederci!” See you again! Now that you’ve travelled with Your Own Italy, you have friends in Rome.
- There is a dress code for churches and basilicas. Shoulders and knees must be covered, shorts, miniskirts, and sleeveless shirts are not permitted. It is recommended that you not take large bags on tours that include churches as storage is not always available
- Please wear comfortable footwear as the tours on your vacation involve a lot of walking
- The team at Your Own Italy is absolutely flexible and will customize your vacation to suit your personal needs. Are you traveling with children? We will provide the necessary assistance to adjust our packages to ensure that your vacation is truly memorable!
- Contact Your Own Italy for customization options on your vacation
- Refer to our website for details on our Cancellation Policy
- When should we start planning our trip?
- Ideally, we ask for at least 3 months’ advance notice, especially in the high season (May through September). Arrangements can be made on shorter notice, but you run the risk of missing out on the availability of our favorite hotels and guides. We want the best for our clients, and the more time we have, the more we can guarantee just that.
- What are Your Own Italy’s payment terms?
- We require a 20% deposit upon approval of your vacation package. The balance is due 45 days prior to your date of travel.
- What happens after I’ve made a reservation through your website?
- Upon approval of your vacation package, an invoice with payment instructions will be sent by email. Payment method options include Paypal, any major credit card or a personal check.
- Should I purchase travel insurance?
- We strongly encourage you to buy travel insurance at the time of booking, in the event you must cancel and forfeit funds or in the unfortunate case of injury or loss. We offer travel insurance through out partner, Allianz.
- What kind of information will we receive before our trip?
- Approximately one month prior to your departure date, you will receive a Your Own Italy Travel Packet consisting of a detailed day-to-day itinerary, our list of recommended restaurants, a “Helpful Hints Guide” for Italy, and your specific destinations, plus detailed information and contacts for your accommodations, tours and transportation.
- Can you give me a cost breakdown of my customized vacation and what is included?
- The vacations we create are bundled packages and therefore we do not provide a cost breakdown. Our local suppliers give us bundled prices for the services provided and we do the same for our clients. We simply arrange for all your accommodations, transportation, local tour guides, restaurant reservations, and any other fun activities and experiences from the moment you arrive until the day of your departure. We also follow through your itinerary with you upon arrival to departure with 24/7 concierge service from Rome, Italy.
Please read our Vacation Package Cancellation Policy by clicking on the following link: Cancellation Policy here.
2 – $5,200.00
3 – $4,700.00
4 – $4,300.00
5 – $4,000.00
6 – $3,800.00
7 – $3,600.00
8 – $3,500.00
To arrange your international flights at our preferred rates Airfare – Griisser Corporate International Specialist